Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys! I saw somewhere such discussion but now cant find it, so decided to make new topic. my issue is when I make quite long trips ( lets say got to ride around 300-500 miles in 12 hours) after that of course I get tired, but aslo when I take off the helmet I have such a feeling as something got exploided next to me and I have such thing as constant squicking noise in my ears, feels like its inside my head. this is because I get long time noise of the wind and also the helmet squeezes my head for a long time so it is stress.. definetely it is harmful for mine hearing ability.. How you guys protect yourself against this? Whats the best noise isolation helmet in your opinion? Is there any special stuff that may protect me? I'll try to use ear-plugs, but from the other side I must hear also whats going on around me because of safety reasons. What you think?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ear plugs reduce noise well, especially the wind noises, but they won't make you feel completely deaf to what is around you. If you try them I think you'll be surprised at how well you can still hear cages and engine noises around you, the soft plugs fill your ear canal and mute the wind noise rushing past, so you'll still hear louder clear noise like engines, although at reduced dbs. Most hearing protection reduces around 10-25 dbs, the noise you hear on the bike may be around the 90 or even 100 db range, so the pugs just cut that noise, they don't block it all.

These ear plugs may work too, I think they are called "Combat Arms", I've used them for shooting. Installed one way they reduce all sound, installed the other way they allow you to hear conversation level noises but still block sharp noises. That's why they work well shooting on a range, you can hear instructions, but the gunshots are muted. May work on the bike, especially if you ride with someone and want to talk at a red light etc.

Just remember, hearing damage in accumulative and permanent. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.