Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I don't use an external lock often, but when I do I have a Master Lock Python Cable Lock. Here's a link with pictures:

[url]http://www.allpadlocks.com/ez-catalog/X380790/127?gclid=CM_3j7XcmqgCFcW8Kgod72olIw[/URL]

It's not some super-high-test-surgical-alloy-that-fell-from-space-and-is-stronger-than-kryptonite kind of lock. However, it adjusts to any length along the cable, it has some high visibilty and looks kinda cool, and it is light and compact for when you travel. You can use it to lock a wheel to the frame or lock your bike to a fixed object if you can park close to one. And, not too expensive.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Disc locks work nice - but lots of people tend to forget them.... A long neck padlock could fit over just about any brake rotor. A regular chain or cable and padlock would also work. I've seen front brake lever lock, that holds the front brake and the cable then attaches to like a bike rack, or sign post. What it comes down to, is that it's just a deterrent. How intense are the thieves in your area? any system can be beaten. Tell us how safe you want the bike and we can probably find what you're looking for.

Edit: The best security of all is insurance against theft...

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
and a camera to prove where you've parked it, and the coppas on speed dial.... One of those remote alert alarm systems would be cool, but not sure how you could fit one on a bike...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.