Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanting to compare my deal as I feel I'm being ripped off alittle. Dealer tells me he only makes $250.00 on the ninja..LMAO ( i know better than that). Anyway I paid 4999.99 plus tax and with a solo seat cowl added (150.00) it came to around $5800.00 CND so thats pushing $7000.00 USD im guessing. Things to consider the 2009 model is a little more pricey than the 2008 and the price includes registartion and a license plate and stickers. I'd just like to know how much some of you are paying, i know some pay less and some probably more. Anyone got any good bargining chips i can use. I also was told i would get a "great price" on a helmet, jacket and gloves. Oh ya the first service is free for that price mentioned above (160.00 value he says).

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your paying almost 7gs for the bike you are getting ripped off for sure.. sorry to tell you that, it might be just your market there in Canada idk... cuz for that much you can buy a 07 or 08 r6 with low miles but the 250 is a great bike if you got the money for it enjoy it

·
Registered
87 Posts
i spent more, but i added a few things on to my "tab"
5000 for the bike, crate fees, shipping fees, all the other fees, tax tag and title.
bought jacket, helmet, boots, gloves for around 500 more
my dealer has a maintenance plan where you pay 1400 when you get the bike (Vip plan of some sort) that includes 2 batteries, 2 tires, 6 unscheduled oil changes, all scheduled maintenance free, 10% off parts and accessories, but like i said, that was 1400 more
so thats about 7000 right there
then for some reason i added the good times protection plan. (which i plan to remove the next time i am at cycle nation because i think its a scam, unless someone states otherwise) which was another 1000

so 8000 right there.
my monthly payments are right at $130us.

and i might remove the vip maintenance, but i think that i will probably keep it.

so dont feel bad if you think you got ripped off.

i think i got it much worse

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey Ninjafreak, I think you got a good deal for the Canadian market, especially when you consider a lot of things cost more on The Rock. At $4999, that is $300 above MSRP. I paid the MSRP of $4699, got hit for $600 on PDI fees, plus 13% tax (PST and GST) for about $725. I did add 2 extra years of warranty for $360. So I'm out the door for $6461. No haggling for the price at my dealer, they are the only kawi dealer in town. There were a few small dealers within an hours drive but they had the prices marked up $300 to $450 over MSRP, and no willingness to haggle. It's popular around here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a pretty good exchange rate you guys get out in Eastern Canada. :eek:

Sorry, but you did the math backwards. $5800 CND is only worth $4640 USD if we're figuring at an exchange rate of $0.80 to our dollar.

I paid $5180 OTD (no PST here in Alberta) for my '09 Ninja.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Out the door in New Orleans the bike would have been $4600 including helmet (free) Jacket ($152.99), set up fees, and the first six months insurance. Thats US dollars though so i don't know what that figures to in canadian dollars. (I didn't buy it because of Basic training. I will be when i get back.)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah boywonder i relized after i did the math backwards and its not 7000.00 USD its around 4700, so I do feel alittle better now. Maybe i did get a good deal, 5850.00 OTD with license and registration. Eastern canada has the highest rate of growth in our country for some time now and we did just become a " have province"...lol. Dealer is also goona give me a $410.00 Shoei helmet half price i think so i guess i should not be mad at all. My first maintence is also free. Just thought i'd check with you guys on weather or not im getting a fair deal. THANKS GUYS!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spent $4100 otd on a 08 and i gave the guy 200 under the table idk what i was thinking but it has over 5k miles he put nitrogen new brakes things like that and he told me to bring it in before i sell it to do all the check ups and fix ups so i guess im pretty satisfied.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.