Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine, also named Steven, was in a very serious crash this Sunday, Fathers Day.

Steven is 20, and lives in Charlotte NC also. We have known eachother a few years now, and we ride together when we get the chance. This past Sunday, he was doing some things he should not have been doing. Going over 100mph in the fastlane of I-485 around Charlotte. A car merged over into his lane, not realizing he was going so fast, and he ran into the back of the car at 100+. He went into the gaurdrail at that speed, and his bike was found 300 yards away. He was lucky to live, but he was hurt severely. He lost his left arm, and some fingers on his right hand. He has other internal injuries also, and is still in the ICU. I found this out yesterday, right before I had to leave work....on my motorcycle.

I feel such pain on his behalf, even though he was at fault. We all make mistakes. The thing that makes me mad, is the comments people have left on the news website regaurding his crash. People can be so mean, saying things like its his fault and he deserves what he got and people calling him names like "stumpy" is just so uncalled for. But they do it nonetheless. Cold hearted people, must have never made a mistake in their own life.

So everyone be careful, pray for my friend, and lets hope his mental state will be ok and he can learn to live with what he has lost. He will never ride again, and I will miss him as my riding buddy.

I found this out yesterday, like I said, and yesterday was also the day I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend of 5 years. I still did, but with a heavy heart and my friend in my mind still. I just hope when visiting him is allowed, he will be close to the same person I have got to know and love.

BE SAFE, BE SMART, LOVE LIFE, RESPECT THE ROAD. Thats all I can say.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
This sucks
See if you can do something for his family . There is not much you can do for Steven . But the doctors and God will take care of that.
After he comes out of the other side of this life altering tragedy . He will be glad someone looked after his loved ones when he could not

Congrats on the engagement . Get her a new ninja as a wedding gift.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
this is sad news, will keep him in my prayers.

I have a friend that is in the hospital with brain damage after he was speeding on a brand new tire, lost control and hit a hydrant with a turtle shell helmet on, they cut parts of his brain out.
lost the use of his legs... etc...

its sad when these things happen, yea it may be their fault, but they DONT deserve to be made fun of. people can be mean and hurtful and they need to understand that it could happen to them as well. accidents are accidents nomatter who is at fault.

hope he pulls through.

congrats on the engagement, and be there for him when he comes through, he will need you there for psycological support.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Will do, I am also sorry to hear about your friend. The best thing that you can do right now is just be there for him and his family. Be the friend that you have always been, he will need you now more than ever. God has given him a second chance, maybe you can encourage him with that through all the pain.
Ignore the comments that those idiots are making. It was his fault, however he has paid dearly already and people need to watch what they say. Life has a way of getting even.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
quiet thoughts of reflection here.
sad news. happy news... the ying and yang of life ..sigh
I send strength to your friend and wishing you happiness in your engagement. crashing sucks..mean people suck.. it means we have to work even harder to be kind ....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE:

Not a good one either. His right arm was too damaged, and too infected to save so it too will be amputed. His left arm was amputated right below the elbow, his right arm will be amputated between the elbow and shoulder. I am very sad to hear the latest, but thankfully he has no brain damage and the rest of his body is healing nicely. Still a tough pill to swollow. I can only imagine how much pain he is in. He will have to learn life again. Its a sad day.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
really sorry to hear about this steve :(
as everyone has been saying make sure that you are here for his family while he is recovering and for him for phycological support. it will mean alot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sad to hear this especially being a new rider myself. No matter what someone has done no one should go through that. Me and my wife will say a prayer for him and wish him strength and a speedy recovery. If he is still here he hasnt served his purpose yet, he will be alright.

·
Registered
39 Posts
He's paying a high price for his mistake. But it could have been worst, what if instead of hitting the back of a car, he would have hit somebody on a motorcycle, he would have end up with the life of someone else on his mind...
Most of new riders do crazy stuff on a bike (including me a long time ago), but if this story could lower the adrenaline rush on a bike for a few poeple...

Jon

G

·
What a nightmare situation. I would rather die in an accident that bad than have to suffer every day physically and mentally.

I hope your friend can find the will to live on, it's going to be hard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.