Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Finally got out for a good long ride with two of my buddys. We covered about 200 km through farm country on some good curvy, hilly roads. Things are mostly flat and straight here in SW Ontario. That brought us down to the Northern Shore of Lake Erie. We followed that West along the shore line past the wind farms and through Port Burwell, Port Bruce, and Port Stanley. Great weather for early Fall, light traffic, and no cops. :eek:

I'm on the Ninja, of course. The other bikes are a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 and, believe it or not, a 1982 Honda CB900. The owner bought it in bad shape and spent a winter chopping it and re-building it into a custom hard tail cruiser. 8)

In Port Burwell

Wind farms

The sand dunes at Port Bruce

The harbour in Port Stanley

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
that's a sweet little bobber he's got there... Tell the M50 owner he should've gotten the M109... Drool... :p

But of course, the Ninjette looks best of all! :p Great pics!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Pretty varied group you ride with there Boar, and great looking pics to!!

BTW, how many parts on that Bobber are actually left from 1982??!!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original parts: wheels, front forks, headlight, gauges & handlebars. Engine mostly. The frame was cut and chopped behind the tank to shorten and lower the bike overall. Rear suspension is gone and the seat has two springs from an old bicycle seat. Some of the other small bits are also ingeniously re-purposed, like inexpensive trailer lights for brakes and turn signals. With the tear drop tank, cut frame and re-designed rear end, the bike is really a total re-invention. He's a pretty handy guy, did the whole thing in his home garage with standard tools and an old repair manual. Didn't even have a motorcycle licence when he did the build!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. And no. The Ninja's just a different kind of bike then that ol' Honda. I like the idea of blacking out the exhaust. Also on my wish list is a double bubble screen, a Corbin seat and (maybe) a hugger. All in due time. What I will be doing soon is adding some practical storage space that will sit where the rear seat is and quickly convert from storage - to seat - to cowl, depending on the ride at hand.
Red Dragon said:
Nice pics blackboar. So does the Honda give you inspiration to start your own mods?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah I am working on a mod list now, mostly just bolt on stuff. As far as having more storage, have you though about just getting a tank or tail bag?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts