Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question from a newbie. While I was riding today, I shifted into second and a few seconds into my acceleration, it popped back into neutral. Is this a false neutral or did it simply pop out of gear? I'm not familiar with bike trannys at all. Thanks for the help!

· Registered
9,088 Posts
Maybe it just wasn't in all the way?
If it continues then i'd say u might have a problem....
Don't hurry on ur shifting untill you been at it a while.
Practice getting it in gear all the way....
I been doing it so long i don't even use the clutch anymore, except at stops n starts....

· Registered
2,270 Posts
earlthepearl said:
Not if u do it right......
I never hardly feel the shift....
Course i ain't cranking the bike either when doing it....
I don't use clutch on up shifts on the track cause you're flat out and can quick change by letting off the throttle very quickly but I do on downshifts !could have been false neutral just keep riding and see what happens!

· Registered
9,088 Posts
I kinda figured there had to be someone else that quick shifted in this world......LOL...:dance::dance:

I've been doing it for 40+ years on all my bikes......:thumb::thumb:
Haven't had a tranny problem with any of them.....
But i'm not cranking the bike when i'm doing it either.....
At times when going threw them gears upshifting i am giving it some to get up to speed, but it's not like i'm racing someone.....
Downshifts are very easy if u learn the feel of ur tranny.....
The tranny on my 2012 Ninja 650 is the easiest so far.......
Gears just seem to slide into place.......:thumb::thumb:
Wish i didn't have to use the clutch at stops n starts.........:banghead::banghead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.