Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
can anyone give me a Canadian site where to buy things like exhausts, double bubble windscreens, tank protectors etc.... the us ground shipping costs are killing me. PLEASE HELP ME....THANKS!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm...thanks for the obvious. I get pages of US stores when I do that silly. I'm asking if anyone can recomend a store they know personally, if you dont then you need not reply. Thanks smarty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't done too much online shopping for parts but I'm pretty sure we're screwed when it comes to ordering from Canadian dealers. Our market size just can't compete with the market size of the Americano gringos. :p

Even if you found a Canadian online dealer they also have to pay the shipping, duty, and taxes to bring it across the border. They would just pass on the costs to you (and probably mark that up as well).

I would search online and then see if your local retailers can match that price and go from there.

http://www.newenough.com sells limited parts but seem to have good shipping rates. It was $60 to ship an exhaust versus about $120 from other sites. You being in Newfoundland probably doesn't help with shipping rates either (I'm just guessing). :(

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
or ya know, you could always find a "friend" in the states that's willing to ship a certain item "gift", which means no extra taxes....

·
Registered
15 Posts
And I forgot, if you buy multiple items from the same place they'll usually ship it all together and give you a better shipping rate than if you shipped everything separately.

For example:

Separately at newenough:

Two Bros. exhaust shipping= $60 ($72 - $12 shipping special)
Puig windscreen shipping= $31
Total= $91

Shipped together:

Shipping= $67 ($79 - $12 shipping special)
Basically the windscreen ships for $7 instead of $31.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So... Spooph, if I ask you nicely can you smuggle an exhaust pipe over the border for me? I can even suggest a body crevice that it could be smuggled in. You could pretend to be Han Solo but you'd have to walk like C-3PO. Hahaha.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I would say smooggle it.
canadian motorcycle parts distributors ninja 250
a bunch of things came up.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Boywonder, you can keep your exhaust and my orifi in seperate sentences :p, but PM me, and we'll see what we can do... :D I've never ran an illegal service before :p

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for the info, it was helpful. I also maybe interested in a "friendly" boader smuggle...i mean exchange. I really want a yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust...but 500.00 plus is way steep. The other stuff i want i can find, but its this damn exhaust thats killing me. ANYONE KNOW A CHEAPER SITE OR HAVE A SECOND HAND ONE FOR SALE??? Thanks again guys for your help.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
ninjafreak said:
Hmmmm...thanks for the obvious. I get pages of US stores when I do that silly. I'm asking if anyone can recomend a store they know personally, if you dont then you need not reply. Thanks smarty.
hahaha hissy fit ;)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I'll be connection for whoever, but really you want a friend in Thailand, Japan, etc... That's where all the really good stuff is at!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Or take a ride down to the US of A and install it all there and drive back with it . Or Ebay...thats my answer for everything EBAY motors dare BYe!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah its being shipped to my door for $583.00 CDN plus duty charges...still not bad considering i had a quote from edmonton for $810.00 CDN ...hahaha dont think sooo. Cant wait to get this exhaust!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts