Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the events this year and new gun laws what are your experiences obtaining a pistol permit? Definitely more difficult or same?

:NefRider:

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
earlthepearl said:
really dont know.....where u live...shit cant hold shift n get question mark with the one hand thing now...lol
Things have changed, I live in the US-Rochester NY.

· Registered
129 Posts
Well nef the waitis atleast 6 months after doing the paperwork. Most of the time it is about a year long wait. Because you are a newer resident to Monroe county you will have to jump through even more hoops. If you go to the state troopers website you can print out the forms you need, or you can go to the county building and pick them up. If you pick them up you'll have to pay about $10 but they will be able to answer questions for you. Be sure to be very very nice to them if and when you talk to the Clark. They can flag you and have it rejected if your being unpleasant.

After filling out the paper work you need 3 posabliy 6 people that you have known for a while vouch for you and say you are a worthy gun owner. Then it is of to the police station to get finger printed. Then a letter to Albany's mental health department and a pass port photo. Then you can pay to hand it in. About $125

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I can wait the time, and I have been living in Monroe county for more than 3 years. This may be a plus.

From what I've researched it's up in the air when it comes to being approved for a CCW. I'd prefer a CCw but will be fine with a restricted one. (Posses on premises,, shooting/range, hinting etc)

Well see how it goes.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NefRider said:
Thanks for the info. I can wait the time, and I have been living in Monroe county for more than 3 years. This may be a plus.

From what I've researched it's up in the air when it comes to being approved for a CCW. I'd prefer a CCW but will be fine with a restricted one. (Posses on premises,, shooting/range, hunting etc)

Well see how it goes.

· Registered
129 Posts
From what I was told you always want to ask for your CCW less than that and they think you don't care if you get it or not. So they drag their feet and or reject you. But I dont know if that's true or not.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
adesiso said:
From what I was told you always want to ask for your CCW less than that and they think you don't care if you get it or not. So they drag their feet and or reject you. But I dont know if that's true or not.
I see how this can be true. Specially when it ultimately a "may issue" state and all up to te judges discretion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.