Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about pinstriping my ninja.
its read, and i have black 1 shot and several sizes of the mack 20 series brushes.
im about to get some mack 10 brushes, but i messed around with it a little bit today on either side of the passenger seat.

i went back and removed the paint shortly after, but i had a few decent designs and really think that this and a few other things would really make my motorcycle stand out from the crowd.

anyways. just wondering if anyone has thought about doing this/ having it done. im really only doing a few simple designs but i know it will make it stand out.

and if anyone has any pictures with pinstriping (preferably on a streetbike) post them up, i want to see what the artist did with it.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
is there not a forum on this already? It might be old but they have pics fo ninjas with different designs on it...check them out. Or u can google 08 09 ninja 250 under pictures .. Let us know what decide on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi-tech, thanks, ill look for some stuff. i guess in a little bit ill do a "write up" about some of this stuff, or at least what i did.

and the pictures

after i got done doing these i erased them from the ninja. there were a couple of spots that were not coming out how i wanted them to. the left side was particulary finicky since i had already done the right side and some of the body was complicated doing the same thing only opposite. i guess you would have to try it to see what i mean.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i used one shot lettering enamel, most pinstripers favorite paint for striping and lettering. after i got done, i took pictures, let it sit a minute, then took some lacquer thinner on a paper towel and rubbed the areas that needed removed. then shortly after rubbing i took a clean paper towel and removed thinner and paint, bringing it back to the original red shine without damaging the clearcoat.

it really was pretty easy. and it almost reminds me of something you would see on a cbr. thinking about doing some of this over the whole body

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you talkling about removing them or applying them?

you can remove them probably within about an hour of painting them, maybe a little longer. i probably had the right side on for about 30 minutes before removing them

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yup removing them. By the way. It did look good. Unless u notice something that could of been missed with the camera... how about personalize it. With something u are into that could fit the red and black?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, if you look at the shot of the right side you can see a few smudges and it wasnt lined up correctly with the left side, so thats the main reason i removed it.
thank you, the pictures were taken with my phone, i didnt think they would turn out this good.
and if i get a can of white i might do it again and accent with some white

ill probably do a design on the tank or on the front fairing when i get my new brushes and get a little bit of experience in with them. ill try to do something cool.

actually, i have been practicing for a few days now, i know not a whole lot, i was practicing a lot last year as well, but when we started packing up to move i sort of stopped. just got back into this and airbrushing since i went to a car show last weekend.
if you look at the shiny curved pice of metal in the last pic, the one thats sitting on that stool, i have been practicing on that.

but today, i think i did some of my straightest lines i have done yet. as i outlined the design and then filled it in. overall it was very easy.

mods, if this is reaching into the modifications and how-to's section, feel free to move it. i plan on adding more pictures as i progress, along with a pinstriping noob's little advice i can give on striping if someone finds they are interested in doing it.

i actually didnt think i would do any more striping today, but after i started this thread i went to it and worked on it. took less then an hour. so that was really cool about it.

yeah. thats all i have right now

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
they did look very good! should get them done again

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
awesome!! deffnately..do you have the pics now?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts