Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
You just want to bury some people!!! Those guys showed alot of self control!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Jt's clip is similar to a quote taken out of context. While the driver's actions were despicable, upon reviewing the video, the responding officer should have thrown all three of them in jail. And possibly did.

The opening paragraph suggests that the route is popular among cyclist. The number of on-coming bikes certainly confirms it. Perhaps the locals are tired of the dangerous activity, and not getting a response from law enforcement. Maybe this Goober has a violent history. We don't know.

But racing on the street, even in rural counties, should not be tolerated. Or encouraged. Nor should vigilante behavior.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm surprised things didn't escalate further after they all stopped at the stop sign. (road rage)

How did it all turn out anyway? Anyone know? The second biker called the police.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was wondering when this would show up here.

this video was taken by one of my buddies.. they have blasted the shit out of it. only happened last sunday (so like a week and a half ago.. uploaded to you tube a day or so later.. and look at the # of hits.. plus it has been posted and reposted on anything wheel related forum.. )

and Spooph !!! this is ONE of the backroads we will be taking you :)

I guess i could have posted it here, just never got around to it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm surprised things didn't escalate further after they all stopped at the stop sign. (road rage)

How did it all turn out anyway? Anyone know? The second biker called the police.
still working with police. the driver of the pick up was not the owner of it.. but they know who was driving it and the investigation continues.. as we are told by police.

and yes, I am aware of the many opinions of who did what wrong and to what degree.. last I heard the cops were not worried about the double yellow pass of the bike on the truck.. but the actions after that by the truck driver are really unacceptable.

and yes, we run these roads every weekend. i'm sure the locals get annoyed. usually though they are pretty cool. they wave. their kids wave. their cows wave. they pop popcorn and brew tea and sit on the porch and watch us go by (and sometimes crash in their yards.. but they are always cool about it -- just part of a sunday). All my experiences with the locals have been fine.

this guy just had a vendetta and was gonna take it out on the next bikes he saw.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Regardless of how the locals feel, the actions he took are INEXCUSABLE. On my old favourite haunt someone put signs up saying stuff like 'Slow down stupid'. They also put complaints in to the Police, which resulted in an ever increased presence. I still go up there, but I mind my speed. Most of it is 80, but through the villages is 40, and I make sure I'm WELL under that to demonstrate to the locals that there are some responsible riders out there.

That said, if you see someone breaking the law, you can/have to take REASONABLE steps to protect yourself and others... in this case it would have been letting them pass safely (not risking their lives, but still protecting your own), taking note of their plates and reporting them to the Police.

I still think it's safer to keep it on the track, with nutters like this, bad road conditions and $1000 fines!!!!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I still think it's safer to keep it on the track, with nutters like this, bad road conditions and $1000 fines!!!!

Felix
all true.. we have good relations with the police down there as well. Everyone once in a while, someone gets ticketed for speed, rarely but it happens. But they KNOW we are there every weekend. They stop and chat with us at our pit stop areas.

I honestly got pulled over once late last year.. why me? lol, cuz I was the one on a 250, of course.. so I stopped, everyone else went on. As soon as he approached me he made it clear that he did not want to ticket me, just to send a message to the bikes in front that they (the police) were not tolerating the high speeds on the main roads. Understandably, since they had a fatality or two. So patrols were stepping up. And he wanted to send a warning thru me, to the other "faster" bikes to slow down some.

and yes, there are a couple "speed zones" where the speed limit stops as we go thru small towns, and yes, we slow down there.

the speed limit on this particular road the video is shot on is 55mph. fyi. and yes, we admit, sometimes we go faster than that. ( i plead the fifth cuz i am on a 250.. lol)

and yes, "Take it to the track" is definately a theme with our group. We know the streets are not the track. (But they are where we play every weekend -- ha, can't afford to go to the track Every weekend :))

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sick! That looks awesome Shady! Gosh, I still have to figure out that trip.... ARG! So much to do, so little time!

So it is legal in to pass on the double yellow if a vehicle is moving slow there? I heard some rumors.... Also it seemed they weren't really going all that fast...

·
Registered
928 Posts
from what i know, in every state a double yellow line means don't pass. doesn't matter howfast or slow the person in front of you is going...

whule the bike was wrong to pass the truck was even more wrong to try and run the guy over and also chase him...

the whole video i was like, you're not gonna catch him dude...lol

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That doesn't seem right... The cops are encouraging you to engage in illegal behavior so they can screw you over? I think there is legislation against that kind of thing in the states..

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
They also ride around on unmarked bikes trying to egg you on and try and drag the off the line at traffic lights!! Cops have no standards anymore!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.