Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,458 Posts
Here in Maine-USA it is 3.45+ Reg. Add 20 cents for premium. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: NNnnnn it will go up come tourist season.....:eek:
97 octane is 3.23 right now for gas with ethanol added or 3.29 for real gas without ethanol. Up north I know y'all have special gas with winter additives but if anyone can get true gas I recommend paying the extra. I don't have exact numbers but I'm pretty sure I lose probably a half a second in the quarter mile but the bike is more responsive and seems to have more predictability

·
1,458 Posts
My 650 calls 4 reg fuel anyway.... I tried premium n didnt see a diff..... U guys with the i4 n higher compressions will notice a diff...
not entirely true sir but we will notice more of a difference. You will have a cleaner fuel system with more miles per gallon with cleaner emissions. Real gas is better all the way around. Not to mention is detonates more precisely. Ethanol is to unpredictable and therefore causes the bike to respond the same. It's good to run every so often. Much as people who run higher octane race fuel mixtures do once or twice a year to burn any unwanted carbon Etc. The higher fuel octane the bigger the detonation this high temps than normal that's why the principal works. This should be limited occasions and definitely not pure race fuel. Also race fuel is clean fuel. Unlike the octane boosters you add to the bikes fuel tank. Additives are still allowing dirty fuel to run through the bike and therefore do not truly clean the fuel system. Some have solvents that actually clean but it's still no good. Like mopping a floor with dirty water. Sure your mopping but your not getting it clean.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hagar, just keep in mind, all of the guys that have responded to this thread are from the States, and they pay by the Gallon, not litre like we do here in Australia!
1 Gallon = Approx 4ltrs, so they are paying much less than we are.

We are currently paying about $1.69 per ltr here in Tassie, and that's just for normal unleaded !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.