Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, every now and then i look at the periodic maintenance chart to see if there's something i need to look into. If i were to believe what this thing is telling me i'd have a whole hell of a lot of crap to do, but I have a feeling most of the stuff is almost never necessary - like "replacing the rubber parts of the master cylinder"

some of it i don't even know what it's trying to tell me to do.

this is the maintenance book for the 2011 250r : OWNER'S MANUAL | INSPECTION SCREEN

can someone make sense of this stuff for me? I know i don't need to replace ever hose and cable just because its been three years, but what do some of these things mean?

engine vacuum synchronization - check
uni-track rocker arm operation - inspect
uni-track tie rods operation - inspect
steering stem bearings - lubricate *******

and how much of this stuff really is a concern? - i've managed to do a whole hell of a lot on my own, and i'm wondering if i can really make it through this thing's life cycle without ever taking it to a dealership again

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Do you have a copy of the Service manual? All of this should be explained in the manual, so you can see exactly what is covered. Most of it is exactly what it says, Inspect, Check or Lubricate. If you are regularly checking these things you will notice when something is looking worn or damaged.
If you don't have the manual, send me a PM with your email address, and when I get home tonight, I'll send it through for you.

1,465 Posts
So, every now and then i look at the periodic maintenance chart to see if there's something i need to look into. If i were to believe what this thing is telling me i'd have a whole hell of a lot of crap to do, but I have a feeling most of the stuff is almost never necessary - like "replacing the rubber parts of the master cylinder" some of it i don't even know what it's trying to tell me to do. this is the maintenance book for the 2011 250r : OWNER'S MANUAL | INSPECTION SCREEN can someone make sense of this stuff for me? I know i don't need to replace ever hose and cable just because its been three years, but what do some of these things mean? engine vacuum synchronization - check uni-track rocker arm operation - inspect uni-track tie rods operation - inspect steering stem bearings - lubricate ******* and how much of this stuff really is a concern? - i've managed to do a whole hell of a lot on my own, and i'm wondering if i can really make it through this thing's life cycle without ever taking it to a dealership again
the manual stuff is not even close to being realistic on most things but are recommended. Vacuum lines on the smog system. Really??? Wth do they think we care if it leaks. I don't even have that system anymore capped the air box removed the pump out the block offs on and it's gone. Tie rods? Don't know man but I do know you have linkage on the rear suspension and that may possibly be what they mean. Not sure of your particular bike. Steering stem is the triple tree bearings for the steering wheel

twisted throttles brings me smiles

· Registered
9,088 Posts
the manual stuff is not even close to being realistic on most things but are recommended. Vacuum lines on the smog system. Really??? Wth do they think we care if it leaks. I don't even have that system anymore capped the air box removed the pump out the block offs on and it's gone. Tie rods? Don't know man but I do know you have linkage on the rear suspension and that may possibly be what they mean. Not sure of your particular bike. Steering stem is the triple tree bearings for the steering wheel

twisted throttles brings me smiles

:thumb:

· Registered
1,230 Posts
That's me while I ride ... But my face is hidden in the helmet. I'm too beautiful to show the world.
Awesome graphic on that lid.

09 ST3R
09 N250R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.