Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! this morning I got problem with my bike. Yesterday night was raining all night but stupid lazy me didn't cover motorcycle. and today I got on the bike and went to work, went few blocks everything was usuall but then suddenly I notice lag of power I open the throttle more but rpm does not go over 4000 and I can't go!!! I had to pull over and had to walk motorcycle back home!!! what's going on what you think!? where is the problem? could it possible for water to get into exhaust and cause this problem?? the problem is I open the throttle and It doesn't rev rpms stops at 4 and then goes to 1.5 to 0 and bike shut downs by itself.what should I check first?? please helppp me please!!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Check if there as water sitting around the spark plugs and that the plug boots are on tight. Sounds like there may be water shorting-out an electrical part somewhere. It would be odd if any water got into the fuel system, but that's the other possibility.

Can you get it inside to dry? I would tip it side-to-side and see if any water ran out.

Will it start and run? If so, start it up (and after it's warmed up some) take the revs up to around 2500 and back down a bunch of times. If it won't start, after checking for sitting water, use a blower or a hair dryer to dry-off around the plugs and electrical connections.

That would be a start.

Let us know what you find.

Jay

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did what you suggested, unplugged spark plugs checked them, to me they were ok.. maybe they had a little moist on them.. put them back, motorcycle started working. I'm going to change spark plugs already ordered new ones. Right now bike works, I can rev it over 4000 it does how it should. Well to me it was very strange. Hope everything gonna work well in future! thank you jkv45 for your quick respond!! I really appreciate it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.