Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a search I couldn't find the answer here. I'm just curious has anyone done any type of mod to their bike to make it where there are hand rails for the passenger to hold onto that way they don't have to squeeze us the whole time. I know the bigger bikes have them and it would be a nice feature for us to have.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Considering you should only ever be putting a girl (or for Delta and the other girls, a boy :)) on the back of the bike, only, ever... what is the downside of getting squeezed the whole time??? I hope these fabled handles don't exist. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. while u r correct, only a woman gets on the back of my bike. I am looking into taking a long ride with the lady and she would be uncomfortable having 2 squeeze me for the hour and a half to 2 hours that we are on the road. It doesn't bother me but I think it bothers her.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
RD, I have not yet seen 250R specific grab rails. When my girlie rides on the back, she usually sits comfortably straight and just keeps her hands on my hips. Most of the time she's not even holding on, and they're resting on her knees, and her and I have done multi-hour, multi-hundred mile day trips like that before. If she starts to get uncomfortable she jabs me in the ribs and I pull over so we can both stretch. Sometimes when she gets tired she'll actually put her helmet on my back and just lean on me - she fell asleep like that once... Last time that happened.

If she doesn't like squeezing you the whole way, she could also put her hands on the gas tank and lean on her arms for a while to stretch out the lower back, if her arms are long enough.

The grab rails Blue Ghost posted are also great options!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I put passenger grips on my 650R a couple years ago... A big improvement over having my wife slide up into me, during hard breaking. So I can see the need for them.

But your wasting your money, if they don't bolt solidly to the frame. One side benefit: It's much easier to get my 650 on a rear stand, with the passenger grips to pull it up.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
i think the best thing you will find is the "love handles" type thing where the handles strap around you...ive had someone on the back of my 250 when i had it and it wasnt as good at handeling :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I rode 2up on it a lot last year and handling is affected some, but when I have a passenger I don't plan on leaning like I do when I'm by myself. So it doesn't really affect me any. Matter of fact every bike that I have rode 2up on the handling was affected some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts