Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright folks here we are. over the past 6 years here in the keys i have done a bunch amount of fiberglass and paint work, mainly for jet skis, boats, electric cars and some scooters...so naturally i knew
i was going to be painting this. however, i was also going to be enlisting the helpt of my good friend nappy. who is a long time bike rider and a hell of a body work/ painter...

anyways i have a pear white 2011 ninja 250 special edition. so far since i have had it i have installed a larger rear tire, smoked lense, jet kit, de snorkeld intake, red leds in the gauges...

from the factory i wasnt too thrilled that they clear coated over the decals on the tank and left the rear tail of the bike black...i knew that i needed to paint it and well the time is now...however, since i have to option to paint it whatever color i want im sort of stuck on what color to finnaly choose...

here is what i have narrowed my options too and what i have in my mind...i found out to buy the kawasaki pearl white would be extremely expensive.. after some research i found a new ford white that matches the current pearl almost exaxtly, and decited that if i wanted to get a close to stock as i could this would be the color. it is a very very nice white pearl. i would then send my wheels to get powdered coated bronze to make for that super sexy white and bronze scheme..

next color i found is a white pearl with a slight blue hint to it. i do love the color but im not sure how it would look with the bronze wheels ....blue, bronze, white??ehh??

ever since i was young i have loved a deep candy red and said to myself if i was painting something i would do it this color..so the Oh so sexy red color from PPG is real nice.

next color is a nice dark deep blue, similar to the blue that is currently available but something a tad diifferent.

so for the solid colors, its red white or blue..haha

of course we have all see the blue beast 250 with the true flame paint job..i love it and would love to do mine similar to it although these are simple to do, i have another friend that does these like a master and he wont charge me much at all for a little art work... i was thinking this scheme in a white with grey flames.

the same red with a lighter red flame,

or one just like the blue beast...i would like some input from you guys since right now im stuck tossing and turning in my sleep at night... let me know what you think and thank you for reading

since i will have the booth and the paint. i think i will paint my bicycle whatever color i choose for my motorcycle...its a sting ray sun cruiser with a big banna seat, sissy bar, ape hangers, and a springer front end...looks super bad ass...down here in key west bicycles are a major mode of transportation. i will post pics of the bike in the morning when its light outside.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Your first pick sounds good to me - the white pearl. But because your bike is already that colour (or close enough to it) there is the temptation to do something completely different.

The pearl white with the hint of blue would look good if you painted the wheels the same colour, but some people don't like white wheels.

How about purple? Or gold? Or that metallic brown colour that was available on the 2010 Suzuki GSX-R750? Sorry if I'm confusing you even more. :)

Keep us posted on your progress. We love reading about projects like this.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I love the Candy Burnt Orange on the new 650R's

If not that exact colour, then a nice light orange with a bright yellow undertone would look awesome!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I say do white with some flat black accents. There's a pic somewhere on here of a white bike with black accents and gold wheels. I have it as my desktop background, but forgot to save it. I'm also at work so I can't post it anyway.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
You have some great ideas there!

My initial thought was of the burnt orange as well. But then I got to thinking, about your bronze wheels.... What about a white bike with copper wheels and a bit of burnt orange thrown into the negative spaces on the bike, just to highlight it a little....

Any which way you go, I think it's going to look awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.