Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I kinda got sick of the original design and since i have decided against a bike upgrade at this point my ninja will now get a custom paint job and no more red.

so i decided on white helmet with multi-color metallics in the clearcoat.

the bikes paintjob will have white but will be more than just that. no words on that i want you all to be shocked when that comes. but in the mean time i have some serious mods getting done...

more on that later!

here is my helmet before and afters... you cant see the metallics but i will take a pic tomorrow when the sun is out again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sweet job man. I'm digging the clean slick white. I dig it more than the OG paint job. well....how did you do it.?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,

well as far as how, i actually dismantled the whole helmet vent covers and all. i did have to tape off some stuff like the thread holes and such, the rubber gasket around where the lens closes and around the bottom where the black is on bottom... but other than that wet sand wet sand wet sand... and just when you think your done... nope wet sand some more... haha

then wipe her down with alcohol... throw a mist on er, let that set, and come back and keep adding coats. its about 1/32 thick with paint. then wetsand some more... spray some more... and finally clear! and just go easy with it...

let it sit and dry then reassemble...

i have a buddy who is a tattoo artist and owns his own tattoo company and we were hanging out in his shop one night drawing, and he was so pissed because my drawing came out so much better then his. he kept going back to the table and looking at it again and noticing more details from it and just scoffing... haha so yea i am artistic, which you will see in my bikes paintjob when i get around to it.

thankyou about me not being a half-asser... hehe ;)

the ohlins logo is on my icon merc-hero leather jacket...

i think i got a pic... hang on...

thanks delta! ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delta107 said:
I really like that ICON Leather Jackets.
thanks delt

they have em in white too... but since i paid 300 for it when it was originally 370, i dont think ill get a white one just because... haha i like it, has a cold weather liner, which is nice! considering i rode on christmas day... ;D all in all i love the jacket and am very happy, would reccomend it to anyone.

·
Registered
874 Posts
better, much better!

·
Registered
874 Posts
that's true.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Spooph: I used Dupli-Color Automotive laquer paint from advanced auto and duplicolor clear effects to clear it. has metallic in the clear. very gorgeous looking...

and if you know what your doing with a spray can you can acheive a gorgeous look and shine that will look like you payed to have it sprayed professionally... ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts