Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sweet dude. i thought about the same thing. There is no chrome on the bike one bit, BUT they make the biggest item on the bike chrome? It looks a little out of place probably just b/c I haven't seen it before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used 1200 degree high temp, bought from walmart for around $6.84. I painted the whole exhaust 2 coats. It'll smoke the first time you run the engine cause it's heating up the fresh paint.

You are in a No Chrome Zone, enter at your own risk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great. Really pleased with mine. I am enjoying the No Chrome Zone myself. Like you said sure beats the cost of new aftermarket .

·
Registered
94 Posts
^^You do realize how much an aftermarket can costs right? I would highly recommend shortening that pipe now. I always thought the length was more unattractive than the chrome. Either way good job!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Nice can MadMax, but clean and lube that chain dude... Brown on a chain is about as appealing as chrome on a can. :p

limegreenlighting said:
Yea it looks good dude dont get me wrong.... Just save that money and get you an aftermarket.
I almost hear what you're saying, but for $6.84 there is no way you can match the looks of that mat-black can to a $300 slipon.. It's like a prestine look for the price of a BigMac.

Definitely worth the change Max.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Poor old chain, got caught in the rain a couple times last week.

And I'd rather save money for my next bike than dump $500 on a new exhaust when there's nothing really wrong with the stock one.

The bike looked cool without an exhaust but sounded horrible.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree with MadMax on the saving for the next bike rather than dump money on an aftermarket exhaust although im going to be getting an aftermarket myself.

But it looks really good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
spooph said:
Nice can MadMax, but clean and lube that chain dude... Brown on a chain is about as appealing as chrome on a can. :p
lol. i was going to say the same thing.

but yeah, i do love that black exhaust.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The stealth look is cool but I also like a bit of bling.

If I could afford it I'd get my rims chromed/anodised then the chromed can wouldn't look out of place. Then I'd get whatever blingy bits I can find, like grips, levers, filler cap surround, etc.

Okay I'm done. I'm leaving your No Chrome Zone now. I don't want any trouble :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My chain's back to gun-metal grey now. It gets dirty pretty quick, damn rain, then damn riding the next day on wet roads. Couldn't help it, I had the need, the need for speed. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I changed the ninja's oil/filter with Amsoil and K&N today, another ninja first for me. I'll be a Ninja Pro in no time.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Looks great man! Mine ended up cracking and peeling off. I need to re do it and prep it better. ha. Oh well. I like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts