Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that's how I did it. Going along in 2nd 7k revs pull clutch till it 'just' disengages throttle up and drop clutch. Didn't look how high the revs went, I was too scared to look at it XD

·
1,458 Posts
I can't wheelie mine for some reason. Like I try and pop the clutch but I just can't seem to do it right.
witch I see a lot of ppl trying to demonstrate how to wheelie. Most give poor examples so I'll try to tell you the way I have taught others I ride with. Start out with power wheelies Then learn clutch. However in your power wheelies you won't be going for those long straight up wheelies. Just getting a feel for the bike coming up. And then how to let it back down. After that you should work on the clutch wheelie. And the long power wheelies. Just know power wheelies require more speed and can get you moving a lot faster than clutched wheelies. This is why you start small, getting the tire no more than a foot off the ground. Ok. So hear it is. Sit normal upright on the bike rev the bike to the middle of the pulling torque range. My r6 was at 9000 Rpms. But would not wheelie third with out being at 10k And in first at 7k. So each bike and each gear is different. It's where when you floor the throttle the bike accelerates best in terms of pull(torque). So finding this out first is helpful. Once at rpm you will very quickly do a lean forward then lean back all while (Holding the throttle )release the throttle and then full throttle. So lean forward release throttle lean back full throttle. All one fluid motion. Make sure when you disengage the throttle you do so fully This allows your weight and centrifugal to compress the front forks. Then when you apply the throttle and lean back the forks are helping you push the front in up. It's gonna happen but try to lean back and apply throttle when the front end is going back down to avoid blowing the fork seals. Hope this helps. Remember stay small at first. And be patient. With practice it will become very easy. After you get that let me know and I will make a video of clutch wheelie technique

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thank you. I'll be sure to try it out. I've only wheelied my bike a few times and it's only because I know a spot where the road dips a little bit so it gives me just enough to get the front tire up. Thank you for the tips. I'll try em out and probably start a new post so I don't rob this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.