Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dug the fairings out and it is indeed a 650. I'm planing on ordering a windshield from eBay, it seems like there are several small differences between models. 636, zx6, ex6, er6?

I'm sure this is common knowledge, I just do not know much about Kawasaki.

I don't plan on using those fairings, however, that could all change over the next few hours. I can't leave them blue at least.

Here are some picks below. I just installed projectors inside the headlights.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Grille
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Mentioned it on your other thread, but they are from the 2012-14 model Ninja 650.
Look like someone done the HID projector re-fit on the headlight.
Do you have more parts for the gauges cover, and windscreen brackets etc? If not, the windscreen may not fit as it is adjustable on this model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I interesting. Earl, you said you have this model bike. At your earliest convenience, do you mind taking a photo of the mounting scheme Kawasaki used on the lights, headlight fairing, and windshield?

I should be able to make whatever it takes, however, I do not have any of the hardware Zandit mentions.

Thank you all for this valuable info.

Zandit in response to your comment in my post in the member intro section. I did the projector mod.

The motive behind this mod basically is Ducati headlights from this era suck. I ride everyday year around, rain or shine and clock about 500-700 miles a week. I have an aftermarket front fairing and headlight kit from power bronze that is an improvement over the stock headlight, but still about as bright as a glade scented candle.

I have a 55w 4300k eBay hid kit and these projectors are from headlights quick.com the projectors seem like nice quality.

I am including a before pic of my front fairing, and the ninja headlight lit up.

Everything is just wire tied in place right now, but wow I can see! I would say I'm safer now, but I will probably just drive a lot faster at night now😝

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Leave it exactly as it is(Obviously use some proper brackets etc), but only add a belly pan and your done!! That will look great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please don't take it apart. Just some general pictures. I think I got a good idea of how it is supposed to be. I probably should just goto the dealer and look at one.

I must have a windshield to help protect the GPS and radar detector. I do ride in the rain a lot.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Please don't take it apart. Just some general pictures. I think I got a good idea of how it is supposed to be. I probably should just goto the dealer and look at one.

I must have a windshield to help protect the GPS and radar detector. I do ride in the rain a lot.
I can do that....
I also use a gps behind the screen...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so I do realize that I have continued this post in the wrong section but... Whatever no one seems to be complaining.

I cut about 5.5" out of the stock head light frame and made new brackets to hold the headlight. This makes it sit further back into the bike and just looks better to me.

I will try to get a contrasting pic to show the difference between the previous pic of the mock up and now.

I don't have it adjusted yet but went for a booze cruise, just kidding, at 2 am this morning, and it lights up the road quite well.

Keep in mind this is a camera phone at night. The reflection is quite brighter and wider than the camera can really show.

I wish I had a previous picture to show how it was with the old headlights. But it was about similar to.... You know those free led flashlights they give away at harbor fright? Those were brighter than my old headlights

Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Thoroughfare Electricity

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.