Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team,

I took my baby out for her first full road ride yesterday, around 30 mins of slow-ish (40 kmh) riding around my community, when i got back and turned her off the fan was going, temp outside was around 17 degrees celsius, the fan shut off after like 30 secs is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Meegari

·
Registered
379 Posts
Happened to me as well. First time I've heard of it happening to anyone else. I feel better now thanks :)

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I'd say thats a good thing, plus anytime you ride around a city or town area your bike is going to get hotter than you would on a highway.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
meegari, it's the bike telling you it's getting frustrated at going too slow. That it's not so much an issue of "wanting" to go faster, but "needing" to go faster to cool down.... :p

Just kidding, the fan is designed to keep everything cool, and you have a temp light on your dash which will light up and let you know if you're really "overheating", otherwise the fan takes care of it, no worries... Mine goes off in the summer all the time and I have to take her into the mountains to get her cooled down. "Sorry fellas, can't hang out. The lady is overheating, have to cool her down..." :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks team!!!

I'll keep you updated as when i take her up into the mountains and errr cool her down ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts