Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i bought a 2015 kawi ninja 650 in june and i just recently installed a two brothers full exhaust along with the two brothers juice box. Recently I've noticed that my bike keeps spilling coolant after I've ridden it for a while and i can smell the coolant as soon as i get on. It doesnt spill while on stoplights or in the garage but i can see it on the fairings.. coolant spots all on the right side.. is it that the new headers are overheating everything underneath and all i need to do is get like the heatshiel thermalflect tape so that the headers dont overheat the bike from underneath? Please help.. daily commuter..

·
1,458 Posts
Mike. So here is the first place to look. It
May just be a coincidence but you should be looking at the water pump weep hole first. It's on the right side. Also you changed to a full exhaust? Did you move or remove any hoses or clamps on the process. If so check the clamps. Bike clamps are known to not be the best. Also. If you do replace a clamp. Use a good quality clamp. Not the cheap clamps you get cheap from the original parts store as these require lots of pressure strength. These may be the cause of your problem as well. Use baby powder to help you find the stubborn leak. Start there. Then if that's not it. Check hoses for melting etc but likey they aren't what's leaking. The water pump
Is the place to check

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Don't forget to check the radiator cap also.
I've seen the cap has caused some issues on other 650R forums in the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.