Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself as not into the 250 as much as I used to be. I believe I've outgrown the ninja. I really doubt I'll be commuting to work in the summer here where I live on a motorcycle cause of all the traffic/tourists. It'll pretty much be impossible to ride like I want to.

I'm already looking to buy a 2007-2009 Honda CBR 600 in the near future/or by year's end and will be selling the ninja. What I like about the CBR is that it's fuel injected and the gears, not as much shifting all the time, going faster in lower gears.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Madmax, will you not be riding at all in the Summer because of the tourists? Because if you're gonna be riding, and you intend to buy a 600, you'll just be more frustrated...

The shifting gear thing I understand. I know a lot people who make that argument.

I'm not here to persuade you either way though. Do it, see where it leads you...

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Its a part of "growing up" it seems. A year has gone by and people have had their ninjas and have learned so its only natural to want to upgrade. Its a great learning bike if you're not used to shifting, sure will make you a pro. Keep us updated on the CBR man.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey buddy. I don't blame you at all. I already made the leap and I love it. I've got a used CBR 600rr '08 with just over 4,000 miles on it now. Even though I've started messing around in the other CBR forum's I still like to come back and read this forum. The people here are great! I love newninja.com and have learned a ton from everyone here. But I have to say I love my CBR much more than the ninja even though it WAS my first bike. The only draw back is that the new bike doesn't get quite as good of gas mileage as the little ninja's do but I can handle that for all of the things it does better. Good luck with selling your ninja and your search for a CBR. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I've been researching the crap out of mods for the CBR. There are even more than for the 250. You can spend a lot REALLY fast but it's so addicting and fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys/gals, I do love the support here of fellow brothers/friends, and will still continue to be a part of this forum. I've learned a lot both from my first bike and from this forum and will continue to.

The 08 ninja 250 will always be my first bike and for me the best starter bike I could have ever asked for even after I have sold it. I've had my ninja for 6 months now and will be still riding it until I find a replacement.

I'm sure I'll ride in the summer just not back and forth to work. I can already foresee traffic problems riding on that route, but only in season (summer). I live in the country but work in the city. I could never have a bike just sitting in the garage and not ride it, impossible. I've ridden all winter, most people don't. Winter is primetime for me to ride, hardly any traffic, it's a nice ride when you don't have to stop much and I get to wear as much gear as I want without getting hot.

I'll keep everyone updated, when I get my CBR, believe you'll know about it. ;D I'm going to treat the CBR just like I did the ninja when I first got it, take it easy until I'm comfortable with it. Riding for me has never been about gas milage, that's just a bonus.

I look forward to this next chapter in my riding experience.

·
Registered
122 Posts
MadMax said:
I'm going to treat the CBR just like I did the ninja when I first got it, take it easy until I'm comfortable with it. Riding for me has never been about gas milage, that's just a bonus.

I look forward to this next chapter in my riding experience.
You won't be sorry man. I loved my Ninja and it was pretty hard to see it go after only having it for about 8 months. BUT, knowing that I had my new CBR to upgrade to made it that much easier. I've fallin' in love all over again. It's 10 times the bike and really not that hard to get used to. Learning on a 250 is the best thing you could have ever done. It's great to move from that to a 600 and see the drastic difference in speed. My CBR can go over 55mph in first gear and that's not even red lining it yet. It's nuts. Not that I'm out speeding all the time. but it's really nice to have the speed there and ready as soon as you might want it. If you're ever asking for more speed it's there and its soooo responsive it's insane. Good luck with your search and be careful with the new bike. I can't wait to see what you go for. I've got some great mods in mind for you if you're interested. I've already done about 5 since I got mine about a month and a half ago. Good times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I watch 600's on ebay every day but will still keep saving money all summer to buy one, unless I find a good deal or one I just can't pass up on or sell my ninja earlier than expected.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Roadrunner, do you find that the front end wants to lift when you give it some? I hear most 600s do this and honestly it kinda worries me. I like that I can twist the throttle on my Ninja as hard as I want and both wheels stay planted, but I'd love the extra power of a 600.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Aysee said:
Roadrunner, do you find that the front end wants to lift when you give it some? I hear most 600s do this and honestly it kinda worries me. I like that I can twist the throttle on my Ninja as hard as I want and both wheels stay planted, but I'd love the extra power of a 600.
Actually to be honest with you I've givin' my bike some real throttle and have never raised the front wheel off the ground YET. Other than going about 125mph once I've been pretty careful on my bike so far. You've got to know what you are doing.. but as long as you've come from a 250 and are conservative it's not like you're just going to wheelie it up the very first day or something. If you get a 600 or a chance to ride one.. just be careful and get to know the bike and you won't wheelie unless you start to learn to and really want to. I wouldn't be worried or scared. It's an amazing bike. I would highly recommend it. I love mine!

·
Registered
122 Posts
MadMax said:
2009 Honda CBR 600 RR

I think I just creamed on myself. :-[
Sick looking bike MadMax. I haven't taken the time to find you on the other site yet. How is your search for a 600rr going? Are you thinking about just shelling out the cash for an '09? Sorry I haven't been able to go out and get any pictures of mine yet. It's been real crappy outside lately. I'm going on a short vacation and then I'll be out taking some pictures once I get some good weather.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Im only getting my first bike this year (250 of course), but i know next year i will upgrade for sure. I was wondering why you chose the cbr 600 over the ninja zx-6. Is there a big price difference or is it a performance thing?? Just curious cause i got my eyes set on a ninja zx-6.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i know that at some point i will more then likely upgrade, but i do believe that when i do, for one, ill move up to a 600, not sure what kind at this point.
i really like most of the sportbikes but ill probably stick with yamaha, suzuki, honda, or kawasaki.

at this point, i still need to get out and ride more.

i hate being grounded from riding.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I rode my friends 95 FZR600 two days ago... HOLY SHIT!! Second gear, 4k RPM, 50mph.. Clutched it for a second and revved it up and it pulled the front wheel!

I was content with my 250 before, but god damnit! :| Ignorance is bliss my friends. Don't ride anything else and you'll love what you have.

I did notice that it was a bitch to turn though... You could get it to lean over a bit, but had to work to get it on its side. The 250 is amazing for sprinting through traffic. I'd say keep the 250 if that's what you do, but it doesn't have enough power to pull the bike through a tight squeeze quick enough for me to be comfortable doing that. :(

I wish I had the extra money to pay for the insurance on the 600.. Bah! I hate being under 25 right now..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jizzed in my pants, that's video is soo funny. I was speaking metaphorically, but the video makes me think of the movie American Pie where he had the girl on his bed and she rubbed his leg and jizz, haha.

The 600rr.net is kinda hard to navigate around and find stuff and it's backwards when you have to scroll up instead of down, weird, and it's soo big you get lost easy. I like newninja's forum style, I guess I'm just used to it. Maybe we should start a newcbr600.com setup just like newninja.com.

I'm kinda undecided right now about all the possible choices I have. To buy a used 2007/2008, I can still find a new 2008, and for $2000 more I can have a new 2009. The 2009, I just noticed, has a complete side fairing that covers pretty much everything that the 2007/2008 doesn't. When I saw that I was like "Cool". I'm going to save up money all summer and make a decision.

I have my heart set on a cbr so I won't be happy til I have one. I sat on the whole 2009 line-up of bikes at the convention, I didn't like the ninja zx-6.

I want more power and less shifting. I find myself going faster than I can shift lately and I have to slow down to get it in gear so I can shift back up (racing cars off the line at stop lights).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.