Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With about 880 miles on the odometer, my wife put her foot down in hole, and toppled her new bike. Broke the fairing lower, where the turn signal mounts ( punched it right thru the fairing). Also bent the brake handle, and scratched the bar end.

So now I need a few soft parts, to make it look new again. Ron Ayers website doesn't list '09s... but it was helpfull to get some prices. Are there any other suppliers handy, that might have the factory replacement parts, for less than my local dealer?

·
Registered
249 Posts
heck i would just fix the fairing. then again its easy for me so then it would be few dollars hahha. but somewhere here theres a post by delta that lists all sites ninja

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
KURT sorry about your wifes bike. Most folks don't have the tools or skills to fix the fairings in there garage, so I like you, would have to buy them.
I did not see any farings on cheapcycle.
I saw some on ebay.
also on www. babbitsonline.com not sure how competitive the pricing is.
Good luck and let us know where you find em!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Kurt that sucks!! Anyways Z mentioned babbits i dislike them cause they rape you on shipping sorry but it shouldn't cost $25 bucks to ship the rear seat cowl that cost $100.

I like bike bandit.com
Here: http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2009-kawasaki-motorcycle-ex250j9f-ninja-250r/o/m17969
The part is about $250.
PM me I can get you some Prom codes to save you some more money (around 10%). Shipping is $10 bucks that is the flat rate. They have a live chat so you can always double check the part number so you dont have to worry that you ordered the wrong part. It cost a lot of money to send parts back, so just remember that.

I wouldn't worry about the bar end you could touch it up with a sharpie or spray paint it black. As for the brake level can you bend it back out? Or is it toast? If its toast I recommend just get some aftermarket adjustable levers.

I hate to ask but can we see some pics?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pics!

The only real damage, seems to be where the turn singnal center-punched the fairing. (I can't understand, why they aren't mounted to the frame.) Anyway, I walked into my F.L.D., and he matched the best prices I had found on the internet.

$357 for the lower, signal, mirror, lever and bar end. I should have them by monday...

·
Registered
71 Posts
KURT said:
The only real damage, seems to be where the turn singnal center-punched the fairing.
I had the same problem with mine, someone ran a stop sign and clipped me, and the major damage was the turn signal bent back and went straight through the fairing. I wish I knew how 2 fix it myself but I'm in the market looking for a new fairing myself.

·
Registered
191 Posts
sounds like you did the same thing that i did. I just went inside and pulled out the signal & superglued the faring. Cant tell unless your within 3 feet of it. The signal still works & the scraches on the side are minimal. I finaly bought the sliders after i droped it on both sides. Figures... But it is all cosmetic damages and i'm going to ride it. If something happens now i'm not out the $.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts