Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? hey guys whas up everybody ;D I have to change the oil I guess as I'm noticing strange thing on the bike the shifting on my bike became not that smooth as it was before especially when I shift from 1-st to the 2-nd gear :eek: its not smooth obviously and the thing is that I have done oil change about 2000 miles ago and that was the first time I used full syntethic oil Amsoil 10w40... so it claims that its the best oil on the market but before I was using semi-synthetic golden spectro4 and everything was all right.. shifting used to be all the time smooth like butter :eek: and now with full the best synthetic oil on the market I'm noticing this thing that its not that smooth as it was before.. so what it might be?? maybe its not oil but something else? what would you guys recommend me?? ::) can I roll back and instead of full syntethic oil again use semi-synthetic? is it going to be right?? can you give me some advise?? by my feelings the semi-synthetic was better and lasted longer than full-syntethic... give me some advises on that :p thanks to everybody!! sorry for my bad english ;D even though I'm not american or anybody else who speak english in their countries but you see I'm trying :p thanks everybody!! love ya guys ;D :D (I'm not *** ;D :-*)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
shes7 , I did a little test last year when I did my oil changes. I tried a few different brands and weights. And this is what I found out....
AMSOIL 10w 40 full synthetic started out good, but did not seem to keep its' viscosity long and high speed buzz was terrible and shifting was not as smooth as it should have been.
Mobil 1 Racing 4t 10w 40 was a little better (not by much) and cost just as much as AMSOIL.
Then I tried CASTROL Act>evo Semi-Synthetic 4-Stroke Motor Oil 10w 40 and it lasted just as long as the other two but smooth shifts were consistent.
I did these when it was warm outside. So after I checked the manual, made sure my clutch was adjusted right, I went to CASTROL Act>evo Semi-Synthetic 4-Stroke Motor Oil 20w 50 and have not had any problems. No high speed buzz, smooth shifts, engine is much more quiet and it is cheaper, $4.99 per Qt. Now, I change may oil on the avg. every-1200 miles.
So in the winter I run 10w 40 and summer (above 60 degrees) 20w 50.
Is there a difference between regular oil, full synth and semi-synth on the Ninja? If you ask me, I will say yes. Will I try another brand? Maybe, but the price and the results have to be right.
Can you switch back? Absolutely.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
10 w 40 is the correct weight .Is the oil you used a Motorcycle specific type? It should be because of the wet clutch.

Automotive oil can lead to glazed clutch plated and noise it may cause shifting problems as well.

You seem to get you point across just fine. I have trouble with English also and I am American . But not a *** . Though there is nothing wrong with that. ;D

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
LOL Racer X

I've herd good things about Shella Rotella T Synthetic 5w - 40 over at ninjette.org. I'm waiting until my bike is broken in and I plan on switching to shella Rotella. I know its made for Diesel Trucks, but they seem to have a clan with great results over at ninjette.org.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts