Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was on my way to the dealer to drop my bike off for its 1st service. About 1 mile from the dealership, I was stopped at a red light. I noticed the oil pressure light flicker on for a few seconds then go off. I checked the oil level. It was fine. I mentioned it to the tech when I dropped the bike off. He preformed the service, then gave it a quick test ride, no oil pressure light. I was about 10 min into my ride home & it happened to me again. Stopped at a light & the oil light flickers a little at idle. Uhhh why me..... Sooooo I hauled it back to the dealer so he could look at it.

And there she sits

any ideas whats going on with that oil pressure light ?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
what RPM are you idling at? Is the bike up to temp when this happens? It may be the sending unit like Ghost is saying, but sometimes the sensor just doesn't get enough pressure when it's either cold, or the bike is idling too low (ie, not enough pressure), and the light might flicker - this has happened to me. Maybe it's just a bad wire, or maybe a short or something? Keep us posted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oil Pressure Warning Light Goes On:
-Engine oil pump damaged
-Engine oil screen clogged
-Engine oil level too low
-Engine oil viscosity too low
-Camshaft bearing worn
-Crankshaft bearings worn
-Oil pressure switch damaged
-Wiring faulty
-Relief valve stuck open
-O-ring at the oil passage in the crankcase damaged
-Engine oil filter clogged

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was idling right at 1300 rpm. The engine was up to temp.
As a matter of fact it did not do it on a cold engine, only after it warms up.

I'm waiting on a call from the tech. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.