Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys this is my first time on this site and it seems pretty friendly!
a little bit about myself, I'm Sixteen and i live in Ontario
I've always loved motorcycles because i always thought they were so cool!
when i was five i always played with toy motorcycles and saying that's going to be me one day. I'm sixteen now and I have my G1.
I'm going to get my M1 sooner or later:whistling:

but the thing that i want to know is that i was looking at a ninja 250 or a ninja 400r, i can't decide what i want. Don't think i want to go racing or something I just want to get to A to B.... in fashion :D
And insurance! how much would it cost for both? or are they in the same category?
sorry for so many questions, i just want to know before i do anything :)

Thanks guys i really appreciate it!

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Hello amestanza, and welcome to NN!

Here are a few posts that may help you with your questions. There isa lot of information on this site. Take your time to read lots, and use the search button too.

http://www.newninja.com/forums/f92/cant-decide-on-the-ninja-250-or-400-a-7230.html

http://www.newninja.com/forums/f92/is-th-250-too-small-7169.html

As you'll see, spending anytime at all on this site, people love the 250. Because it is a great bike. It can be an excellent starter bike, or and excellent ride for an experienced rider who loves to have tons of fun on a motorcycle.

The 250 will be less expensive to buy than a 400, and more of them around to pick from. And it will be cheaper to insure. Especially in Ontario. You may want to look for a few quotes right now, because it will be very expensive for you at 16. Good luck, take your time, and learn lots.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks blackboar! that helped a lot!
i got on a 2011 ninja 250 today and it felt pretty nice! i love the way it looks.
But the Ninja 400r was RIGHT beside the 250. it was just looking at me saying "pick me"
my heart is set on the 400, but as you said it would be expensive! its heartbreaking but I'm not really on the money tree... As i said before i live in Ontario, but I've always wanted to go riding to Quebec on a bike! i know its a long way, but will the 250 do it? can it handle that?

· Registered
49 Posts
I asked around with the same questions... Called different insurance companies and actually was insured for three hundred less a year with the 400r over the 250... I love my 400r and if you plan on riding with a passenger i would recommend the 400r...
If you can try and test drive both before you buy.. Best of luck cheers!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.