Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously we talk about our bikes all the time, but rarely do we mention our cager side. In addition to loving my ninja, I'm also a car enthusiast. I'm interested to see what everyone takes to work on the "rainy" days (I use this term loosely as I know many still ride their bikes).

Do we have any tuners in the house? American muscle? Point A-B goers? 8" lifters? Hippie vanners? Whatever it is you drive, let's see it! :popcorn:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks clean! :thumb: but I bet you can't see anything at night?

A buddy of mine has a Talon... but it needs a new motor (along with a few other things) and just sits behind his house... It's a sad sight - I wish he would fix it up!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I had a 2004 Pontiac GTO. It got totaled 27Jan. Now I drive a 2006 Ford F250 diesel, which is why I got the bike, to save on gas. lol

The GTO

The truck

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
That's a sick GTO dude!

DSM - nice Talon. I always wanted to build one of those, but it will never happen...

I have a 1998 Soob Outback. An excellent A-B, hauling-toys kind of car. I need to repair a few things (it's currently in the shop having a missfire hunted down which is beyond my knowledge, ability, or tool level), and add a hitch for a trailer, and I will be set!

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a sick GTO dude!
X2

There are a few of these rolling around b-town. They are impressive machines - I'm surprised I don't see more of them.

With it being a college town, I see cars anywhere from riced out civics to GT-R's and ZR1's. Most of the asian students drive expensive BMW's and Audi's... It's not uncommon to see M3's and M6's. Just saw an R8 the other day and a couple months ago there was a Maserati parked at the library... I wish I had the income to afford these types of vehicles...

Just because these kids can AFFORD fast cars, doesn't mean they can DRIVE them. There have been plenty of occasions where all I could do was watch and shake my head as someone rips into a rear fender... A couple people have been hit by cars on campus, but I think that's more due to J-walking than anything. But one student even rammed into a cop car whilst riding a scooter drunk :facepalm:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks fella's. I really miss that car and all the parts I wasforced to leave on it, but oh well. I love my truck and the bike too. :D

If the goat hadn't been totaled, I wouldn't have bought the truck which in turn also means I wouldn't have bought the bike, so I guess its more of a win win deal lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've posted pics before, here are a few more.

2004 Mazda3s 5 door
Exterior:
18 x 8 Konig Illusion on Nitto Neo Gen 225/40ZR18
Remove side moldings and 2.3 badge
DIY custom lower grill
D2 Racing lowering springs
G2 Caliper paint-green
Axela badge
Smoked LED Tail lights
Tint (20% rear, 35% front)
Nextmod front lip
Partsplaza eyelids
Stubby Antenna

Performance:
SRS catback exhaust
Fujita F5 Cold Air Intake

Interior:
Alpine IDA-303x head unit
Alpine Type R 6.5" components
Alpine Type R 12" subwoofer in vented box
Alpine PDX-2.150
Alpine PDX-1.600​

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spooph - how's the AWD treatin ya?

Here's my DD:

2004 Cavalier (base sedan)
Exterior:
Shiny Plastic Hubcaps! ;)
Remove side moldings
De-badged (CF bowtie)
Tinted Tail Lights
6000K HID's
Smoked LED Tail lights
Tint (30% - 6" brow)
Stubby Antenna

Performance:
MagnaFlow 14821 Street Series Muffler
RAM warm-air Intake

Interior:
Kenwood Excelon Series head unit (iPod hook up)
Infinti components (front and rear)
(2x) JBL 12" Subwoofers in custom box
JBL amp

Orange lights All Over!
(under seats)
(under dash)
(dome light)
(trunk light)
(Flood Fog Lights)
Wired to blue LED rocker switches (matches head unit)

Carbon Fiber HVAC layover
Seat Covers/Steering Wheel cover/Floor mats

I don't have any good pictures of the rear since I tinted the tails... even though that was last summer. lol It isn't fast, but it's not meant to be. I'm a delivery driver so it's my econobox to get A-B :thumb:

I'm in the market to pick up a 2008+ Cobalt SS by summer's end - just have to find the right one.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
i dont think you will ever get a good rear photo of that car!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
dont know why but the rear end isnt as appealing as the front of that car

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lol, it's a grocery getter, and automotive styling has gone down hill ever since the 2K.... Even the exotics are getting boring....

Oh yea, and JT, I dig the AWD! It's a ton of fun in the snow! Otherwise it's just a cage... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts