Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Offical "I hate bugs that splatter their gusts all over everything I love & cherish @ ?mph making me spend countless hours of my personal time cleaning this sh!t off my bike & all my riding gear- (giving the finger and walking away grumbling - :mad: )" Thread.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Spooph eats bugs, do you know why? Because he doesn't want to stop riding for a meal. He's beyond hardcore, beyond Chuck Norris or Charlie Sheen. Soon he will be on the same wavelength as Biker Jesus...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And it's just the start to bug season, whine - whine, I can't wait to have to do it ALL the time, nice. (sarcasm is my friend) :rolleyes:

Maybe in like another 100 years there will be like a force shield on the front of bikes, dreaming. I guess I'll have to rise from the dead to try it out.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
LMAO Virt! nom nom nom.... Argh, I can't find that pic right now.... Max, have you tried wax at all? Maybe it will make the bike surface slicker so they don't stick as easy? Just an idea...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LMAO Virt! nom nom nom.... Argh, I can't find that pic right now.... Max, have you tried wax at all? Maybe it will make the bike surface slicker so they don't stick as easy? Just an idea...

Oh, so the bugs glide right off the windshield/fairings and have 2x as many dead bugs splatted all over me, nice try :rolleyes:.

No, I don't use wax. Maybe we need to start a "Why one should use wax thread". I need a new paint job !!!! I have ghost bug splats that won't come off.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Use a clay bar, that will remove everything down to a clean panit job ready for polish or wax!! Can't beat it!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Currently bug free as of 6:30pm. It's ashame it won't stay that way.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Dragging this back towards a useful thread...

I just washed and shined my bike, noticed there are some tar marks and some really ingrained bugs that didn't come off with the wash/soak/blast and shine...

What products do people use for these two things? Australian available products would be good... Hey zan what is this clay bar you speak of?

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I picked up some "goof-off" today, it's good for sticky stuff like decal glue and tar/scuff marks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd be careful with Goof-Off...that's rated to remove paint and graffiti...unless there's a safe-for-paint/clearcoat version that I don't know about. I have always had good luck just using my nails. Or a terry towel wrapped around my finger and some elbow grease.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I use this Felix, the best thing for preparing your surface for a good polish and wax.
Removes all surface contaminants including tar, bugs, grease, and overspray.
[url]http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mothers/california_gold_clay_bar_kit[/URL]
All of the other major polish companies have their own version, and I have used Meguirs which is just as good. You don't have to use the spray, just wet down the surface with your sponge,dip the claybar in your car wash solution and rub over the surface of your paint.
Now before you ask this does not scratch your paint surface by pushing the contaminants over your paint. It's like using Play-do.....Seriously!!

Leaves your paint surface as smooth as a babies bum!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Yeah thats the place to get it, was about $30. That page was just the first one I found!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Brilliant, i've heard of using claybar before, but up until now, haven't seen it. Thanks Zan!

Also Max, if the bugs are really that much of a problem, just stay in side, ya big whiner! Also, if you're going as fast as you say you usually ride, the bugs wouldn't slide off onto you, but rather be thrown out in your wake and past you.... :p Silly demons, logic is for humans... :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.