Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally talked my mom into consigning for me :) going tomorrow at noon to see if we can get approved for my brand spanking new green 2012 ninja 250r :D she doesn't think we are gonna get approved but I feel lucky :) especially since I have a 25% down payment of 1000 :) so excited !! Cross Ur fingers!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good luck with the purchase! And I don't have to tell you this but negotiate negotiate negotiate!
They always have a huge margin and also mark up the price calling it "shipping & handling" that can be anywhere between $200-$800. Don't show any desperation. Tell them that you will be comparing their prices with other dealerships in the area as well. Make sure that you get the exact out the door price from them before you get into the details for financing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dude sorry to hear it but buck up and come up with a plan "B". Besides having a monthly payment sucks. I know you have yer heart set on a Kawi 250r or 650 but scan Craigslist. You may be able to sweet talk a deal on another bike since ya have $1000 saved. In fact I seen a rebel 250 for $800 and an old Kawasaki 750 dresser for $1050. Both looked good from pics and if I had the extra room to store them I would have bought the Kawi. Keep hope alive...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Sorry to hear that devon, disappointment I never easy but it is temporary, focus on plan B and if you're serious about motorcycles you will get there one way or another.

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What u guys think about credit unions ? Think that would be a Better option ? I have a 650 credit rating but only make 9 bucks an hour and like 30-40 hours a week and am 19 so I have barely any credit history

·
Registered
207 Posts
devans2011 said:
What u guys think about credit unions ? Think that would be a Better option ? I have a 650 credit rating but only make 9 bucks an hour and like 30-40 hours a week and am 19 so I have barely any credit history
I've always belonged to a credit union for my banking so I don't know how it compares to other banks. If you already belong to one try and meet with them to see what your options are. As I said before they offer personal loans of up to $5000. If you go "direct deposit" on your paychecks then have them automatically withdraw the payment from your checking or savings account each month then they may cut you some slack and approve ya for a loan with a cosigner. If not then see if they offer "free" financial counsel advisers to recommend on how to create credit. The one thing though about credit you should think about. It's hard to start and build credit but you can mess up your credit rating real fast and it's harder to rebuild it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Honestly, I bought my bike a year ago I was also 19, I would suck it up and wait till the end of the riding season. You don't need a new bike, find a used dealer that you can have monthly payments on. Notice the 250 style hasn't changed so go pay less for one someone else has broken in properly. Plus if by the end of the summer you have 2500 put away you could probably find a used one, I know I've found 250s around here for that. Best of luck! You could get a punch moped for 300 to fill your riding needs till then :p haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude !!! Im going this weekend to "hopefully" get me a new or used ninja 250r !! I have 700 $ saved up for a downpayment, and talked my dad into cosigning for me  i am sooo stoked!!!! But im scared for some reason they will turn us down ... Should i be worried ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.