Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year when I had my accident the shop I took it to was supposed to jet the carbs and put a k&n air filter in... well I didn't think they did the jet kit bc it didn't seem like anything was missing from what I finally got back from them... my suspicions have been confirmed... I just checked my air filter and it is the stock foam filter! So now I have to buy another filter and do that and rejet the carbs! I hate it when people take my money and don't do what they say they will!!!!!

So tell me people... what air filter should I get and should I remove my air box? I mostly use my bike for commuting around town, but I do it pretty spiritedly... oh and what jets should I use for South Carolina? Elevation is sea level or so...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Check your receipts, If it says they did it on your receipts they're required to do it for you.

Other wise, K&N filter is made for your air box, So thats all you need to change, And just but a Dynojet kit and get a mechanic to tune it for you.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
....So tell me people... what air filter should I get and should I remove my air box? I mostly use my bike for commuting around town, but I do it pretty spiritedly... oh and what jets should I use for South Carolina? Elevation is sea level or so...
Get a Pipercross air filter, keep the airbox, remove the snorkel, Shim the needles (1mm total thickness of washers).
Since Beaufort is below sea level (LOL) and given the humidity year round, re-jetting will make you run really rich and waste gas. The stock main jets will do fine with the extra air. Besides that, if you are to re-jet for that area you may find it difficult to find a dyno tuner.

Some good info here; Pipe Jetting

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to remove the airbox no matter what to get the snorkel out and shim the needles...

Think I might go with a K&N since they are readily available in the US and I have a recharge kit for it already...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
....I'll have to remove the airbox no matter what to get the snorkel out and shim the needles...
Snorkel removal and shimming can be easily done without removing the airbox. Removing the airbox is the real hard way to do it.

....Think I might go with a K&N since they are readily available in the US and I have a recharge kit for it already...
Most others are available as well. Even the JFC filter from Sportisi can be purchased from the U.S. distributor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.