Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magnolia, if this is unwarranted, feel free to delete. I don't know how far I'm pushing the bounds...

I've been browsing many posts in this here "women only" forum and I can't stop thinking to myself that many of you ladies need to just relax.
-it's about the ride, you don't have to compete with guys, if you do, cool.
-it's not a science. riding is about having fun, just ride, the skills will come. There is no race, and the only competition is the one in your head... If you've already got the skillz, cool!
-don't be afraid. be cautious. you are 100% as capable as anybody else on the road, you just have to believe it, or if you already do, act on it, or if you already do, push it....
-If a guy gives you a hard time for riding a 250 make some smart comment back to him and forget him. (what do you think it feels like when a "girlie man" in the US rides a 600 and here I show up with a 250?! I really do know what this feels like.)

But please please please, never bow to a man, never acquiesce to his bullying, and never ever ever allow a guy to make you feel bad about being a woman. There is way to much fun to be had to be bogged down by that....

Also, please please please invite your friends. This world would be a much better place if half, or more, of the motorcycles on the road were piloted by women...

end rant, thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I can't stop thinking to myself that many of you ladies need to just relax.
ha many of us.. there are only about 8 of us I thinks so many would be ALL of us.

Your point is well taken and it is true for men and women. Group rides to me are a stressful thing. (Even though I am an experienced rider. 25 years + )

Peers can be stupid. The Ninja is really a technical bike and can hurt you just as fast as a 1000.

The best way for you guys to support us is to get out of our way! :) haha!

Thanks for the good words !!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I totally agree with Spooph. Women need to just relax. Besides, women have so much better balance. Look at Danika Patrick, she was the best driver in the world for three years. Just relax ya'll do great. Mad props for the womenses that ride. Lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm sensing a few males feeling a little intimidated by the female only section here.. Feeling a little imasculated spooph?

It's ok back to the girls on bikes section and I'll pat your back and light you a cigar ok? >=p

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Well Maggie hasn't been on for awhile so spooph this probably won't get deleted.

I agree with Zartan "just get out of the way"

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have no problem with sharing with the guys. Just no ooogling here.!!
It isn't a big deal for women to be riders now days. it is very common. We kind learned alot in the last 80 or so years....

http://www.vintagemotorcyclegirls.com/ look under general for picts. great stuff!

·
Registered
201 Posts
spooph said:
Magnolia, if this is unwarranted, feel free to delete. I don't know how far I'm pushing the bounds...

I've been browsing many posts in this here "women only" forum and I can't stop thinking to myself that many of you ladies need to just relax.
-it's about the ride, you don't have to compete with guys, if you do, cool.
-it's not a science. riding is about having fun, just ride, the skills will come. There is no race, and the only competition is the one in your head... If you've already got the skillz, cool!
-don't be afraid. be cautious. you are 100% as capable as anybody else on the road, you just have to believe it, or if you already do, act on it, or if you already do, push it....
-If a guy gives you a hard time for riding a 250 make some smart comment back to him and forget him. (what do you think it feels like when a "girlie man" in the US rides a 600 and here I show up with a 250?! I really do know what this feels like.)

But please please please, never bow to a man, never acquiesce to his bullying, and never ever ever allow a guy to make you feel bad about being a woman. There is way to much fun to be had to be bogged down by that....

Also, please please please invite your friends. This world would be a much better place if half, or more, of the motorcycles on the road were piloted by women...

end rant, thanks for reading!
Hmmmm....your post is interesting...I find myself annoyed that you think us women are stressing about riding, or at least more so than men. I know for myself, I ask a lot of questions, b/c I want to be a great rider, not one of the squids out there doing the same silly stunts time after time, and not improving any skills. I think women, more so than men, are able to really break down riding skills and figure out how to best ride a curve or the best way to navigate a tricky road. A lot of guys (or it could be b/c there are more guys that ride typically than women so we hear about it more) just go out and hit the gas, wearing little to no gear, and think they're cool.

I believe that riding takes a lot of thought, and you have to work hard to improve your skills. As many experienced riders have told me, before you head out on every ride, you should have a goal of what you'd like to improve on, and then focus that ride on doing that one thing. That might be something like looking through every turn or slowing enough before each turn so you can steadily roll on the throttle.

But overall, I feel like we women are just as competent as men. I think that you meant well with your post, but it comes across almost as if you feel we need to be cheered up and cheered on, when in fact, we love to ride, and being the kind of women that do ride, we're not about to take any guy's baloney. We're tough women, and smart women, so please don't feel sorry for us. We can handle owning and riding a motorcycle. But thank you for the efforts at being supportive.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
welcome back maggie,

Spooph posted that in October. and since then has always shown a goodly amount of respect for us Ladies. I think at that time he did not realize some of us had years of experience.

there have been alot of newbies come and go !!!

You have been MIA Where have you been?? did you get your bike back together yet? or get a new one??

·
Registered
201 Posts
lol...I saw his post a long time ago, just never made a point to answer it till now...

Just finally got the bike road worthy again, so I've been out riding the last couple of days, which is AWESOME!!

As far as being MIA, I've just been totally overwhelmed at work, and with other stuff going on in my life, so I don't always have much time to pop in and out of the forums.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
MAGGIE!!!!!!!!
Your back!!!!!!
Don't Leave!!!!

O.k. I hope your mission trip(s) went well. Glad your back on the bike.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Magnolia, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sorry for entering my own personal bias. First, I'm quite a feminist, and have been interacting with so many women of late willing to take the submissive role that I felt such a strong urge to try and fight it here, as I do everywhere else. I'm sorry that I misinterpreted. I just get so excited when I see/know of women riding. It really brightens my day.

I see such constant disrespect in general, but especially towards women everyday that I just couldn't keep myself from posting. I guess, in part, my original post was to let you ladies know that by quite simply being on a bike, or by climbing, or skydiving, or whatever, you give me hope. Much like a man cleaning the house and cooking in the kitchen gives me hope in the male persuasion... Sorry I got so wrapped up in my past experiences that I completely FAILED to make this point.

I also thoroughly appreciate your response. I learned a lot through it...

Maybe I'm just shoving my foot farther down my throat by responding, and should just walk away in shame.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I think this was like your 2nd post on the site, its good to have and great for women to read. You're a good man spooph!

P.S. Spooph's nipples have been quite sensitive lately, thats why he's acting like this HAHA

·
Registered
201 Posts
No offense taken spooph. It's nice that you're supportive of us, but probably like a lot of girls that ride, lol, I don't like guys to just assume that I'm weak and need help all the time. If I need help, I've got no problem asking a guy for it, or a girl for that matter. Hehe, but I do get all up in arms when a guy tries to insinuate he's better than me. It gets a rise out of me pretty darn quick, lol, which is probably that temper of mine that needs to be held in check a little more often. :) I'm totally one of those people that if you tell me not to do something for some dumb reason like I'm a girl, then I'll do it just for spite.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts