Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading somewhere it's bad to turn the bike off in gear. Now, I usually turn the bike off in first gear, but the clutch is always pulled in when I do. I always park the bike in gear so it doesn't move and nobody can move it. Is this bad or is this whole turning off the bike in gear thing BS?

· Registered
9,088 Posts
I was reading somewhere it's bad to turn the bike off in gear. Now, I usually turn the bike off in first gear, but the clutch is always pulled in when I do. I always park the bike in gear so it doesn't move and nobody can move it. Is this bad or is this whole turning off the bike in gear thing BS?
I do the same...
Have for all the years i been driving.
It's Bull Shit....
Be carefull u don't step in it...
It's everywhere...

1,465 Posts
Roman Legion said:
Its BS

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the proper procedure for disposing of an old driver's license? Are you supposed to turn it in to the DMV or just cut it in a million pieces and trash it?

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my state u turn them in.....
Best 4 u 2 call them....
:thumb:
Every time I email them a question, I never get a reply from them. I can't call because my parent's only have a regular phone and I'm hearing impaired. I'm not about to wait who knows how long in line to get an answer in person, I'm just going to take some scissors to it and trash it.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
Every time I email them a question, I never get a reply from them. I can't call because my parent's only have a regular phone and I'm hearing impaired. I'm not about to wait who knows how long in line to get an answer in person, I'm just going to take some scissors to it and trash it.
WHAT???
:whistling:

I'd do the same....F....em....:thumb:

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I usually keep my old ones.
I don't really want to keep my old license, if I have no use for an item anymore, I get rid of it. If the item is still usable but has no use, I generally give it away or if I can, sell it. If it is entirely worthless, I just trash it.

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WHAT???
:whistling:

I'd do the same....F....em....:thumb:
Yeah, I had someone mock me today. I had to stop for directions where there were a ton of bikes and some guy made fun of my hearing problem. I guess he didn't take kindly to someone interrupting his vandalizing of the scenic overlook wooden railing?

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why don't u have hearing aids of some sort?
I actually been looking into over the counter ones myself
Rehabilitative services are supposed to buy me some, still on the waiting list..lol In the mean time, I'm considering just going sound off and using ASL full time. There are few good people in this world, too bad there are so manny assholes, huh?

· Registered
9,088 Posts
Me n my friend i visit had that conversation today.....
He's been broke into a few times up here when he's in FL winters...
He's got a list.....:thumb:
Assholes are everywhere......
Just look at our wonderful GOV.....
:facepalm:

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Me n my friend i visit had that conversation today.....
He's been broke into a few times up here when he's in FL winters...
He's got a list.....:thumb:
Assholes are everywhere......
Just look at our wonderful GOV.....
:facepalm:
I think a skit on Madtv once said something along the lines of "You know, I think I'm starting to understand this murder thing."

Everyday I seem to find myself becoming more and more a misanthrope. Oh well, just have to make it another six or seven decades and I'll never have to care about any of this again.. lol

· Registered
9,088 Posts
Right.....get threw....
Without decking the shit out of to many people....
Safety toe boots......ribs n knees.....LOL
Skull rings....face....
18" machete.....:whistling:
Gators.......:thumb:
1400 mile trip 4 me now....:eek:

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here is another question regarding warmup. How far does the temp gauge need to rise before you are ready to go? I wait until the little orange indicator reaches the top of the white line of cold as seen in this bad image marked in pink. Is that the correct level?

Is it normal to see the temp gauge at 50% during interstate travel?

· Registered
9,088 Posts
U only need to let the bike run a minute be4 driving it....
That's long enough to get oil pumping unless really cold.
Then just a few minutes is enough.
Of course u may need to run the choke on a bit if needed....when cold at first.
But i doubt if ur gunna need much choke.
It be normal for the gauge to be half way up on traveling.
Even more if it's hot out.
U do hear ur fan come on n off at times right?
Specially at sitting lights for a while.
Pink.....WTF....
Why not red or green.....
Now go work on ur Helmet.....:thumb:

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
U only need to let the bike run a minute be4 driving it....
That's long enough to get oil pumping unless really cold.
Then just a few minutes is enough.
Of course u may need to run the choke on a bit if needed....when cold at first.
But i doubt if ur gunna need much choke.
It be normal for the gauge to be half way up on traveling.
Even more if it's hot out.
U do hear ur fan come on n off at times right?
Specially at sitting lights for a while.
Pink.....WTF....
Why not red or green.....
Now go work on ur Helmet.....:thumb:
So I left it idling too long then? I have no idea if the fan comes on at all, I can only hear wind and ringing when I ride. Pink because purple may have been too hard to see and I can't paint the helmet, I don't have the supplies and I'm at work currently.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
So I left it idling too long then? I have no idea if the fan comes on at all, I can only hear wind and ringing when I ride. Pink because purple may have been too hard to see and I can't paint the helmet, I don't have the supplies and I'm at work currently.
Wont hurt it to idle some...
Right...ur hard of hearing.....forgot....
Long as it stay outta the red ur ok...
Now.....
Get back to work...:whistling:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.