Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals, thought I might share with you the ride we went on yesterday through North-west Tasmania. The weather was great and getting warm when we left Indies house at about 9am. We travelled west along the Bass hwy until about an hour later when we stopped at Detention river for a coffee. we then did not stop for another 1+1/2 hours when we reached our destination at Sumac Lookout, overlooking the Arthur river and the Tarkine forest area.
After the lookout, we came down to the Arthur river and stopped for a drink and relaxed for a bit. We then headed back along the road and called into Smithton(the locals pronounce it "Mifnon" with a lisp!!!) and had some lunch.
Wifey was stuffed and we still had to get home! but she pulled through with flying colours. Indie had his wife riding on the back of his bike, and all really enjoyed the ride.
I only have pics of the lookout and river, but I hope you like them.

This is the site that greeted us at the lookout

Wifey is stuffed already, this is her longest ride, and we're only halfway there!

The Posse!

Down the bottom at the river rest stop

Indie checking over his pack mule! :p

The river crossing

View from the bridge looking up the river

Down the other direction

Sorry Spooph, you can see here how ineffective the hugger is at keeping the bike clean, this is from about 600 metres of gravel roadworks that had been wetted down to keep the dust down

The Dragon is a little dirty, but he likes it that way!! ;)

Wifey's little CBR125R

Indies Pack Mule, I mean Cruiser!

I hope you have enjoyed these, may have something new for you tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going faster!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
awesome! Great job Zandit, that looks like so much fun! Thanks for the info on the rear hugger - at least your passenger seat is still dry. My problem is riding in rain/snow and getting the passenger pad/cowl soaked with water - I might just have to design my own that's a little better at doing that than the aftermarkets available... :p Oh, and i can't resist: The Dragon is a boy? You ride a boy Zandit? :p

Wifey looks awesome!

And when's Indie's wife getting her own "real bike"? :p

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spooph said:
Oh, and i can't resist: The Dragon is a boy? You ride a boy Zandit? :p
Delta107 said:
I was going to ask that but decided to let him keep his dignity. lol So zandit why?
You guys aren't up to date with mythology are you?
Dragon riders always rode the toughest and meanest male Dragons they could train and handle.

:p

·
Registered
379 Posts
That looked like a lot of fun. I love going on rides like that with a few mates. We're gonna take a ride down the Great Ocean Road in the summer which is supposed to be among the best driving roads in Australia (very twisty and long). It's along the coast so it should be a nice ride but I reckon it'll be hard to top the beautiful scenery of Tassie going by your pics.

And I like your wife's CBR125R. Nice bike.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
huh, I guess I have a slightly different take on the 250 Zandit...

Mine is more cute, cuddly, and really good in bed... :p

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
i have the bike that goes with that exhaust zandit ;)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
very good pics by the way :) it is a beautiful place :D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry Met, that exhaust was never meant to go with the gixxer! I think Suzuki stole the design!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
LIES that is the best exhause suzuki have done for the gixxer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts