Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Lastnight i washed my bike and decided it was time to get rid of that redonkulously hugantic plate light and fender.
So i set out to the garage and dismantled my bikes tail section. I penciled a line around the bottom of the blinkers and up toward where the tail light is, trying to leave a substantial portion so #1 it didnt look funny and #2 for support of the plastics.
After finishing cutting off the bottom half of my fender, i reattached it to the tail of the bike with two of the four bolts, just to hold it while i invisioned what i was going to do next... playing around with a couple ideas i finally settled on using the main plate hanger portion from the old tail. all that i needed to do now was make a bracket and bolt things up. well since i have a welder, i decided to weld the bracket onto the plate holder and just bolt it on using the tail light bolts and the metal bar with the bolts welded to it that originally was there. then of course paint it and wire up the plate lights, reasemble and take some more pics... I think this was by far the easiest way of doing this, and if you dont have a welder then you can just bolt to both brackets. I am going to go pick up another plate light bolt this morning though, as i dont want any hassle from the law enforcement officers... as around here they are more traffic cops than solving "real" crime cops... But anyhow here are some pics of the work i did. ;D enjoy. and as always questions are welcome and encouraged. ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your comments, ;D
I am excited to hear that my stuff i ordered will be in tomorrow.
at which that point i will take pics of it and post a review of what i think about em, i ordered the icon hooligan pants with aramid reinforced panels. a icon primer tank/back pack, ( magnetic type )
some gel grips, a red iridium visor for my helmet,
and not monday but soon, i have a muffler coming in that i am going to adapt to my bike and get rid of the stock muffler, not just because of the sound but also because i HATE the syling of the stock one. so ill do some pics and a write up about that as well.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well... so far, if you mean with gear and all...

helmet $107
Jacket $300
Gloves $42
Boots $110
Pants $110
Tank Bag $50
Red Iridium Sheild $23
Gel Grips $13
2 Plate LED's $30 ( got em local and didnt want to wait and buy em on ebay )
Tire Paint Pen $7
Pro Grip Tank Pad $15

GSX-R 600 exhaust pipe $45 <-- You'd Be Amazed what you can find on ebay ;) ( and thats shipped for that price )

Grand Total = $852.00 :eek:

not including the three oil changes ive done, and all the stuff i am gonna buy for it still. ( i have a long list )

But I wanted to get my safety out of the way first before buying stuff for the bike. now that i have all my gear to stay safe, i can start spending money on the bike itself. ;D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Red Dragon said:
Looks good, is your tank protector magnetic? Can't wait for the exhaust mod!
No the tank protector isnt magnetic, its a sticky one, i only paid about $15 for it locally. its nice, i kinda wish it was bigger though, when i go into a full race tuck on the highway my jacket kinda leaves some marks above it... so maybe when i do my custom paint ill buy a bigger one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts