Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a simple way to make the exhaust louder? I just need to do it for a short time until I get a real aftermarket exhaust, but in the mean time I would like to make it louder now, so it has to be cheap and simple. would removing just the snorkel work? I was thinking of removing the whole muffler but that mite be to loud or affect the bike's performance.

·
Registered
646 Posts
As in no exhaust system? Headers or mufflers?
It'd look like a Ninja without a can hanging off it and it'd run like... Not at all. The lack of back pressure would likely damage the engine and I doubt it'd be worth the cough splutter bang it'd give you. :p

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Crispy said:
Does anyone have any pictures or movies of the 2008 Kawasaki ninja 250 with no exhaust on? I would like to see what it looks like and sounds like.
Youtube.

Or you can use the search tool, we have alot of pictures of bikes without fairings, mufflers, or completely stripped down.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Why should anyone here be doing your searching for you? Nobody here is your mother, YouTube or this forums search function. Use them, Unlike your arms they're not painted on.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Haha, what ratty is TRYING to say.... is that there has been a few 'ghetto' can jobs on here. Some for no money or very little. Removing the can will make it LOUD, there is still some restriction from the first cat convertor, but it sounds pretty terrible. Your best bet is saving, borrowing, begging, stealing and getting a slip on straight up. OR if you have the skills, gear and parts make a el cheapo home made job, but welding a different gutted can to the stock headers.

Dont forget the 36 dollar exhaust to!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm in the middle of the $36 muffler mod right now and drove my bike down the street with the can off. OMG! Horrible, way to loud. I know some of you might say there isnt such a thing, but trust me. I felt bad for my neighbors and usually I dont care what the hell they think. I have a loud exhaust on my truck as well and when you fire that thing up at 5 in the morning, BOOM! ha ha

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I'm sorry, but I'm not sharing that opinion. To me, that just screams POWER. I know you say it runs like crap, but that's just cause the rest of the bike isn't tuned to it...
And although I like it, I would never run my bike that way, I'd get a massive ticket in no time what-so-ever, mainly cause the cops could easily find me then.. :D

·
4,853 Posts
Spooph - I also reconsider what I said earlier. I was on my netbook and the speakers werent as good. I put in my ipod headphones and cranked it up and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the sound, it does scream power and sounds decent.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
no worries virt, and even if your opinion wasn't the same as my opinion, I'd still respect it man. That's what opinions are all about. You're a good guy, you know that?

·
4,853 Posts
ahahaha I know man, I was actually just stunned by what I heard with the headphones! I was waiting for the high pitched crackle, and that crackle was my speakers lol.

We're all good guys here, gimme a hug!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
that bike without the can makes our law enforcement fellows smile with glee.
so does the group hug picture... ok just kidding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts