Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Boys and Gals,

My Gsx-Mod is FINALLY done!

After i got off my lazy keester it only took two nights to finish.

Let me know what you think.

Also to i can now buy aftermarket gsx-r mufflers and bolt them direct to the flange and hanger and it will all line up!!!

SAWEEEEETNESS!!!

I would love to make a vid for yall but my camera doesnt have audio, so maybe my cell phone!?!? well see... but damn i love it! so sexy and its not overly loud its a nice rumble at idle and at high rpm it sounds more like a ducati i think.

I am so excited...

Side note, the bracket that hangs the muffler isnt finished cut yet i was just too impatient to finish it now so i painted it and bolted it up. and yes that header from the gsx is welded to my stock ninja header!!!

questions/comments? ask away, id be happy to tell you all that is involved!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
That does look good, makes the bike look huge!

They did great engineering on the new 250, you all of seen the old ex250's and they look like a childs bike but these are so hard to catch on the street unless you know the sound of the engine.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks csbrad, blue ghost, and virtual, it does make it look like a bigger bike and sound a little more throaty which i love, rode it to work and it turns heads now and sounds serious, not some windup toy... haha i hated the look performance and sound of the stock if you cant tell... haha.

felix: It ends right inside of where the feirings (sp?) start, if you look you can see it but you have to pay attention to see it. ( 2nd pic right under the footpeg is the weld joint, which is tapered down and looks real nice, my father did the welding and did a great job, other than i was an idiot and didnt wear a helmet so my face is all welder burned... even my eyelids... OUCH!

ratty: I have no idea what your saying! sorry just dont understand all the x's and weird spelling... not picking on ya, just dont understand...

Jest: Thank you much.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is the write-up section, and i didnt do one on the header part of the project, but basically i just cut off a section of pipe from the stock header and fit them where i needed them tack welded it. removed my header and went to town with weld. ( well my father went to town with weld, i just held it ) thank god for my dad ( toolmaker / machinist ) ;D

but anyhoo here is the link...

http://www.newninja.com/modifications/2005-gsx-r-exhaust-mod!!!

plus tonight i started my next mod, i now have one polished lip rim in the front and tomorrow i do that back. bugs came out so i had to stop.
check out that post too... ill throw a link in here once i post it in a minute.

http://www.newninja.com/modifications/polished-lip-rims/new/#new

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.