Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, so it was my turn to have the Ninja lying on the ground. I was driving in the middle of the city centre, with a passenger, when I was about to turn. We were doing about 25 km/h or so, and I slowed down to turn it, when a guy on a 50 cc scooter drove into me from behind. My passenger was thrown about 4 meters off the bike, and was all in shock (young boy, never crashed on motorcycle before). It took several minutes before he managed to get on his feet and stand up straight, poor boy.

Well, the moron who hit me was angry because I slowed down in the middle of the road, and I was angry because he ran into me from behind. Needless to say, I killed him, and I'm probably facing 20 years or so in prison now. Well worth it.

By the way, the bike looks gorgeous. My right blinker broke off, was a clean cut, but I need a new one. Otherwise, it's all like new. Not a scratch in anything. Fairies, exhaust, tank, mirrors, foot pegs, pedals, everything is all like new, there isn't a single mark on any of it - except for the blinker obviously. That being said, over speed bumps the bike seems somewhat ... I don't know. I wonder if something happened to the rear shock absorber, but I don't know. I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow anyways, to have a look at the fuel injection thingy I mentioned in my previous thread. I think it's gonna recover perfectly. Thank God.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Kawasaki, glad to hear everybody's OK, and that there's not a lot of damage. A good little adventure for the Young'n... Hopefully we won't be scarred for life.

Concerning the handling over speed bumps, check your front wheel alignment. You're forks might have gotten tweaked, and the bike will be weird... Not usually to bad, you can just loosen the bolts, straighten it out and and re-tighten them...

Oh, and why did you go do something stupid like getting caught with a dead body, eh? Don't you know about the sulfuric acid?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
first and MAIN thing.. glad u and the boy are ok.
just the blinker huh. wow.. yeah hopefully everything else is ok

spooph said:
Oh, and why did you go do something stupid like getting caught with a dead body, eh? Don't you know about the sulfuric acid?
lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, there's nothing wrong with the handling of the bike, but as I said I think there's something wrong with the rear shock absorber. I don't notice it as much when driving alone, but when driving with a passenger, it's VERY easily noticeable. Especially the split second where the bike gets a "lift" when driving up on a bump, and the little "clash" when it hits the ground after a bump. But my friends on the back say that it's the muffler that touches something. I feel the shock directly beneath my ass, but they (three separate, independent guys and girl), say that they feel it under their right foot. They've all been pointing out the muffler, but when trying to find out if it's loose or anything, it seems to be firm as always. I don't know what it is, but I guess the dealer will find out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, it was a pretty low-speed crash. Speed limit was 30 km/h (about 20 mph) and as I said, I was driving in 25 km/h when the scooter was behind me, then I slowed even more down to turn, and he drove into me. So I guess I was driving in like 15 or 20 km/h while he hit me from the back/left side in about 20-25 km/h, so the crash itself wasn't too hard, and the bike didn't you know slide along the way, it just flipped over on its right side where nothing but the blinker got damaged (although I just recently discovered that I did actually get some scratches on the front brake lever, but I guess it could have been much, much worse).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok, gotta know if you are kidding??

Well, the moron who hit me was angry because I slowed down in the middle of the road, and I was angry because he ran into me from behind. Needless to say, I killed him, and I'm probably facing 20 years or so in prison now. Well worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
LMAO!!!! good to hear kawa!!! at least your ok and so is your freind!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts