Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I installed eye shadow on my headlight, what do you guys think on how it looks ...

If you can notice, I also stick chrome sticker on the upper corners of the headlight to make them reflective compared to the standard black plastic.

As i am getting into it, i also installed led lights into the tail light and changed the license plate bulb with a UV led light. Here how it looks at night... (it does not quite represent how nice it actually looks as I was using my cellphone camera). I will try to post daytime photo using digital camera for better picture.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
fo real! That's a sweet lookin bike dude! Happen to have pics on how you did the headlight mod? If you do, mind sharing, or possibly doing a write-up in the Modifications section? I'm really liking those reflective stickers inside the headlight. I think I'll add that to my list.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
That looks awesome, buddy, and I really love the stripes, gives me new inspiration to finish off my bike

·
Registered
874 Posts
A+ work, love the black strips on the bike along with everything else, nice work!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sweet, good job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all :).

BlackBoar, Zandit, Crispy, the stripes concept was drawn to look like this from the side :

I wanted the sticker to be something simple, bold, not taking away the already nice design of the bike but just to highlight it a bit. Most of my friends would go with sticker design that almost camouflage the bike, but this is not quite my concept.

These are the 2 stickers I used, the textured black and the reflective for the head light:

Spooph, Sorry I don't have pics while the mod was taking place. Simply I was too consumed with the mod work itself but I am sure I can share it in the modification section for those interested in doing similar mod.

I got the led strips from VIrtualVillage.com , using the 12 cm leds (12 bulbs) on each side seemed to be what I needed. These are only $2.99 each excluding shipping charge. They have led strips in longer dimensions as well as different colours.

The led turn signals I obtained from motoworld.com in Singapore. Not to forget to change the flasher relay to an electronic flasher to make the turn signals blink properly without the use of any resistor because using resistors will work but also consume additional power so there is not much power saving which I would rather provide for the combustion.

And for the rainy season here, I puchased a deck cover for scooter and customize it for use on the ninja to protect the engine and exhaust pipe from getting dirty quickly.

Here is how it looks when installed:

Last, I modified the left switch to include a high/low beam switch for quick beaming during day/night time. unfortunately the one fits perfectly comes in yellow colour.

May be this will give you guys somethin else to add to your ninja list ;)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Gotta admit, you have some really good skills there mate!! everything looks factory, very, very neat!

well done!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks mate !

Oh just noticed my camera is doing it again, when its battery runs out the dates are all wrong.

Anyway, I find that I used the high/low beam quite often thus I am glad I did this mod.

Next I need to work on the heat-shield on the stock muffler. My right foot got burned twice touching the shield :eek: it was hot, not much shielding against the heat. May be I wil try using teflon mounting to isolate the heat from transferring to the shield ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, boots. I think those are times I was not wearing proper gear as I was only riding around the neighbourhood :-[

Okay, here is the better picture of the tail light using a digicam.

City light on:

And brake light on:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
sweeeet led mods. kuddos to u. the front leds on the headlight would look great if they were as bright as the audi headlights

·
Registered
173 Posts
Love your work mate! :D Very well done.
Makes me wish I still had my 250 to play with like this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all, the front leds are almost as bright as the Audi's, visible during daytime, only smaller leds which I think fits motorbikes better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts