Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my name is Tony, I live in beautiful key west Florida and have been for over 6 1/2 years..for the past few years I have started and own my own electronic repair business down here and recited that I needed a new toy..I used to work at sloppy joes bar as the head of security and dj for almost three before that..I've had several scooters down here but honestly a bike and a skateboard have done perfectly fine over the years..the island is only 2x5 miles and everything is pretty close. I was in the market for a scooter (down in key west they are perfect) but was wanting At least a 150, long story short I ended up deciding on a ninja 250..at the same time my good friend found one and bought one too...mine is a 2011 white 250r. I wanted something that will allow me to get off the island if I wanted too and something quick enough to get around town..but not over kill..and with as much stop and go traffic and drunk people down here a regular bike just wouldn't be practical. Growing up I was heavy into modifying cars. Ive owned a bunch of Nissan 240sx and rebuilt my first engine at 13, and Im a true mechanic at heart. First on the list of mods are....

Intake, fuel jets, exaust, computer tuning and a few other small things like hids, flush mounting the signals, a real horn, fender eliminator...I'll make personal touches and modifications as I see nessescary and am really excited. to get it..should be arriving at my door at the end of the week..I'll have pictures n such up after I get all the dumb decals off

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all, trust me as soon as I get her I'll be sure to have plenty of pics up. I know of some of the best and beautiful remote locations down here for photo shoots down here and can't wait. I might even try to take the bikes out to a sweet sand bar that's just pops out in the middle of the ocean for a truly one of a kind shoot. Im in the process of getting ahold of a gsxr muffler and should be ordering the jet kit by next week.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
DOn't forget to take something that gives the kick stand a bigger footprint so it doesn't sink into the sand......That would be bad!!! :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright guys she finally came and at the end of the day on my 2x5 mile island i managed 85 miles on it...taken a few pics with my buddys bike also..i have the professional coming out with us either this weekend or sometime durring the week so even more bad ass ones are to come...enjoy

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice photos Tony, but I gotta ask, where are the rest of the SE decals? Or have you been repairing damage?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought the se decals made the bike look super lame, sadly the decals on the tank are clear coated on. I had the guys remove the rest at the dealership...when I paint the tail piece white I'll re do the tank also..she's got a lot of work ahead of her and this is just the beginning...thanks guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.