Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Kawasaki Street Bikes: Ninja 650 Gets Available ABS, Ninja ZX-10R Boasts Trick Öhlins Steering Damper

By Basem Wasef, About.com GuideJuly 9, 2012

You may recall my 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Review in which I took a low-speed spill when I locked up the front caliper of the ABS-less bike, and concluded that "with [ABS] becoming increasingly prevalent throughout the industry, it seems it would only be a matter of time before Kawasaki follows suit."
Turns out advanced level newbies and more leisurely sport riders now have an anti-lock option with the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS. Priced at $8,099-- a $500 premium over the '13 Ninja 650-- this ABS-equipped option should make this sporty all-rounder intriguing to more riders. New colors also enter the Ninja 650 lineup for '13.

In other Kawasaki streetbike news, the Ninja ZX-10R and ZX-10R ABS also gets new colors, but more notably, an advanced steering damper by Öhlins with a dedicated ECU that adjusts steering effort by taking the rate of acceleration and deceleration into account, in addition to bike speed. The ZX-10R runs $14,299, and the ABS-equipped version adds $1,000 to that price.
2013 Kawasaki Street Bikes: Ninja 650 Gets Available ABS, Ninja ZX-10R Boasts Trick hlins Steering Damper

1 - 1 of 1 Posts