Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
From the side both Hyosung and Honda are pretty nice looking. From the front they're butt ugly compared to the Kawasaki. Seems like Kawi's got it all, the looks and most importantly the performance. I'll admit I'm not a fan of Hyo but I wouldn't be surprised if they raise the bar and release something worth buying pretty soon.

I can see Honda really going the distance with their 250. Performance is not too different from the Kawi but enough to say we have more torque beeotch!!! They just have to do something about that styling. It looks like an old man's cruiser and not something most bikers or beginners would want to see unless you either don't care or you're a big time Honda fan.

I'm still sold on the Kawi. But damn, competition is nice!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
It's great that the Ninja finally has some competition. I'm really enjoying all the comparo-tests. Testers are loving the Honda for some good reasons and I hope even more 250 sport bikes show up as a result. Clearly the Honda and the Ninja are very closely matched, both have their clear advantages and disadvanages over the other. But I think a side by side comparison makes the Ninja the winner. It's number one for me and thats not just brand loyalty talking.

The Ninja is the one you can keep. In group of bikes that are not speed demons, it is the speed demon. It revs to insanity and will run all day long on the highway. And if you want to do the ton, you'll need the Ninja because those others will sputter out short of the mark. The Ninja is the bike that you'll be happy to keep even after you are comfortable and believe you have learned to ride.

I did not trade my Ninja to "trade up" for a bigger bike, I wanted a different bike. And that's why I still miss the Ninja.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Hyo shoulda been a flying twin! with shaft drive! The Honda should have some sort of Vtec. I don't own a Ninja 250, but seeing as I've only ever owned carb'd machines, I doubt I'd be disappointed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm curious to know how they would have ranked the Ninja with shimmed needles, or carbs that had been re-jetted. Both things we can do, fairly inexpensively, that would probably have all-together changed how they felt about the Ninja still carrying carbs.

I agree with everyone here. It's awesome to see some competition. With gas prices about to remain steadily high...the 250cc class is going to play an integral role in the years to come for newcomers looking to simply save money over the course of some years. I do see Kawasaki moving to EFI for 2012 in the United States...I think they have to. That being said though...I don't mind having carbs at all. So I take 10 extra minutes on cooler days waiting on the bike...not a big deal to me. Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
185 Posts
On a side note...the new white gauge faces on the 2011 model Ninja are awesome. For anyone with a smoked/tinted/blacked out windscreen...these would make it easier to read your gauges during the day.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
EFI is the fuel injected model. Most 250r s have carbs for fuel delivery but some have EFI. European models for sure, and maybe in some parts of Southeast Asia.

Honda's new bike may well force Kawi into making that a standard feature.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would have thought making all their bikes EFI would be more cost effective. They'd simplify the production process by only building one spec bike and (hopefully) pass on the savings to the consumer. Even if replacing the carbs with EFI resulted in a slight price hike I reckon it'd be worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
They do it for all bikes in their range! The 650R is offered in ABS form everywhere around the world, but in the States it doesn't have it!!

The same goes for the California models all having special exhausts features but the rest of the country goes without!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
lol, what it comes down to, is if you want to ride on the freeway without as many issues, get the ninja. If you'll be changing altitude a lot, get the CBR for it's FI. And if you want your bike to fall apart soon after buying it, buy the GT250....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.