Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Maybe Met can come help you, he lives in Wales :p

Felix

SHUT UP FELIX!

now unless this is someone who's actually distressed because they have messed up their exhaust. sorry to make this assumption but I think obvious troll is obvious.

Edit: whats up with your exhaust? do you not have a local mechanic that can fix t?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yea, me too Kurt!

Our apologies Butterfly, if indeed you are a real person. We'd be happy to help, but we do need some extra information.... LOL

What kind of exhaust?
what is the issue?
Looking for opinions on which exhausts are good options?

and while you're at it, how 'bout a few pics of your bike?! Obviously, we'd love to see what you look like as well, but if you're not comfortable we'll obviously respect that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi will upload pictues shortly. I have put a tail tidy on and a smaller plate. But back to exhaust. Put on an mgp but lost all midrange. Kawasaki in Denbigh couldn't suggest any help! Can Met in wales help plz.:facepalm:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Not sure if you'll be able to get your mid-range back. The growler is a very open exhaust, and although good for top-end, eliminates most back-pressure, which is where your midrange torque comes from. Are you planning on fixing the bike yourself, or would you be opposed to a shop doing the work?

This is interesting... I think the UK has FI, no? I think FI should be able to handle a new exhaust no problem...

Who put on the exhaust? You? A friend? A shop? Does the exhaust have an O2 sensor on it? It would be located where the two headers come together - you can see this by looking the front of the bike, behind the front wheel, and following the two large pipes leading underneath the motorcycle...

Also, was this a full exhaust, or just a slip-on? Sorry for all the question, but the info is kind of necessary to diagnose the problem.

Met, go be a hero!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
my apologies for calling you a troll butterfuly! i was quite grumpy yesterday and my post reflects it :p

im not in wales...however i think i know your problem.

because your in the UK, your bike will be FI, problem is with that is the FI will only adjust the fuelling slightly for different breathing of the bike. so i think you would need to get a power commander for it... (or best thing is to take it to the local garage and have it assessed)

i dont think i would be something that can be fixed at home unless you have a dyno and all the computer equipment.

have you tried switching the exhaust back and just trying to see if it is the exhaust?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did ask Kawasaki in Denigh when it was servived a few weeks ago but they told me to get an exhaust that was made for the bike. I told them the MGP (slip on can) had been purchased specifcally for the 250R but they seemed to think that nothing could be done. SO Ihave now got the original exhaust back on (home fitted) and heavy. Not sure about 02 sensor??? Will have a look tomorrow and take some pics to upload. Therefore perhaps someone out there could suggest an alternative plz?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
ah, if it is a slip-on...

It's odd that it would have that much effect on the mid-range... But you're only fix is going to be to get a power commander and have a shop which is willing tune the bike for you... You are correct however, the growler is made for the 250, so it's weird that shop is telling you it isn't... I'd go to a different shop if I were you.

Let's see, Yoshimura, 2Bros, HMF, AreaP, Leo Vince, Dan Moto (cheapest), Sportisi all make slip-ons for the 250. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting right now...

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
akrapovic are awesome. especially if you get a full system. but then you will need to have a powercommander an have it set up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.