Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's all in the gearing...dirtbikes are geared for low end power and torque of the line
You're right. As you could see in the second try, the ninja had a higher top speed after the 1/4 mile run but was still behind. Not very long afer that the ninja would have pass it. Top speed of the WR250 must be around 140km-h

Jon

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am sure I will get flamed, but the Yami WR250X is far better handling, off the line power, better braking bike. You lose your wind protection and seating comfort though. Fuel economy is better with the WR250X. I average 72 mpg with the WR250X last year. I sold mine with 4200 miles on it in 3-1/2 months. The Ninja will get plenty of miles when the weather is cold, but when it warms up I will be back to the FZ1.
Joe

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm working on Ninja vs. ZZR250 and CBR250RR still.. So look forward to those videos..
Weather or not they'll be official races or street races dunno.. we shall see.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ratty said:
I'm working on Ninja vs. ZZR250 and CBR250RR still.. So look forward to those videos..
Weather or not they'll be official races or street races dunno.. we shall see.
Not really comparable bikes other than the Kawi's. The Honda was a four cylinder screamer. The WR250X is not on your list but it is a single cylinder. The Kawi's are twins.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm moreso wanting to end the debates. That and just show you 'Mericans what I'm on about.

Everyone seems to think the Ninja is some sort of holy unbeatable 250 machine and it's just not the case. My experience has been the Ninja 250R will win against a ZZR250 off the line and until about 120-140km/h.
Whereas it will occasionally win off the line against a CBR250RR but the victory off the line is extremely short lived regardless.

Doesn't seem to be any very good videos showing this online, especially not stock comparisons, So soon I hope to fill that void.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts