Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking to make my stock 08 ninja 250 look more like a gp sportbike.

I have already found Yoshimura Exhaust, Graphics kit, Seat cowling and fender eliminator kit and am looking to lower the front end
And highten the back end
To produce a more aggresive ride position.

Is there a way I can do this safely?
And do you have any more suggestions to make my bike look and go better?

G

·
You could go to "Race school" and learn to use the bike to it's full potential. Wait a second...that's what I need to do. Nevermind. there's nothing to see here... move along. LOL. :)
Sleepy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta love sleepys antics

Thanx for the ideas,
Deffinantly gonna look into
The ninja 500 shock idea

I was already keen on flush mounts
And new mirrors just forgot to put it in

But thanks for the input
Ill post picks round the end of march when I get some money of the pm ($900) haha
Freeee money

·
Registered
28 Posts
P-tizzle-

The idea of hiking up the rear and lowering the front is a good one for a number of reasons. And it's easy enough to do.

The bike stock has a rake (steering angle) of about 26 degrees. That's pretty relaxed by sportbike standards. As a comparision, my 600rr has a rake of 23.55. By raising the rear and/or lowering the front you'll get a much sportier geometry.

I've raised mine in the back by replacing the stock shock linkages (what are refered to as "dogbones") with Hayabusa 'lowering' links (which when used on the ninja actually raise the rear by about 20 mm. You can find then on ebay for $25.

As for the front, pull your forks up in the triple clamp about 20 mm. This will lower the front end. While doing that, replace the handle bars with 38mm clip-ons attached above the triple tree.

The combination of front and back raising/lowering will give you a rake of about 23 degrees, which is perfect for this bike and improves the handling immensely.

Go to the video forum here and watch "Ninja 250r -As Fast As It'll Go!" Video. Thats my bike. It corners as fast as you need it to.

Another benefit is that you now sit much more forward and over the tank as opposed to sitting back and reaching for the bars; this really helps handling.

And yes, the bike looks alot more aggressive this way too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.