Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ninja 1000 owners... share here what you consider to be the best mod you have made on your bike. For me, it was changing from a 190/50 stock rear tire to a 190/55... the taller tire made turn in quicker and transitions between left and right hand curves much smoother.

I haven't done a lot of mods, but I did put OEM frame and axle sliders on, and added a Puig light smoke racing windscreen. I also had my suspension set by professionals at Trackaholics in Oceanside, Ca... bike feels pretty dialed in right now. :):):)

Here's the Puig light smoke racing screen:

·
Registered
122 Posts
KnN air filter, shorties, got my suspension dialed in by a pro, frame sliders, and I'm looking into more. Exhaust? Interested in that back tire, better handling, you say? My bike is still a bit tall for me, it's the 2012 Zx1000, but I haven't dumped er since I got the suspension done. I want better grips and sliders, but I really like the look of the exhaust, actually. What do you think?

·
Registered
122 Posts
jbal1000 said:
KnN air filter, shorties, got my suspension dialed in by a pro, frame sliders, and I'm looking into more. Exhaust? Interested in that back tire, better handling, you say? My bike is still a bit tall for me, it's the 2012 Zx1000, but I haven't dumped er since I got the suspension done. I want better grips and sliders, but I really like the look of the exhaust, actually. What do you think?
Suspension is best, btw. Pro @ the track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you are right on your tippy toes, you shouldn't have a problem with the taller rear tire... I didn't notice a difference in seat height at all after the change. Made a huge difference in handling and I had to buy new tires anyway.. went with Pilot Road 2s, nice and sticky. :)

I put a lot of thought into the exhaust and I really like the stock ones... they look awesome to me and they sound fine. I was thinking maybe the Akra full system for awhile... I really like the sound but it wouldn't save that much weight... better just to hit the gym, LOL! Plenty of HP on this bike for me too so that's not an issue.

I like the K&N air filter tho... I think I'll add that next service. :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I think there may be some confusion here with some posters.
This thread is aimed at the Ninja 1000(SX), not the ZX10R. Very different bikes!!

·
1,458 Posts
Also to everyone who's not reading the man's question the best one mod that you put on that is worth the money. levers things like that k &n pcv which depends on who tunes it are crap mods and not what is asked and as far as exhaust goes you do the two brothers Shorty black series you can do bolt on 14 to 16 hp guaranteed on the Dyno. Then all the looks things and little comforts are to be talked about. Hopefully this answered. The best up front mods and best bang for the buck. I have more mods than i can remember. Full probike worthy 2013 zx10 white n black

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.