Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wot a new 250 ?? they are a very nice looking bike .i dont think the insurance is that bad for a 600 i only pay 150 quid for year on my 400 and i only past this year and never had a bike before

·
Registered
22 Posts
My insurance is £900 a year for my 250, it's a 2011 model. Only been two month I had it.

I want a 600 but as I'm on the a2 license I might aswell wait it out :/ but I don't feel restricted on a small 250 as I keep up with my uncles 600 :p and I think I'm better rider then he is :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm 22 :p and its my third year but first on a "big bike" but I have two accidents on my record which are both not my fault but still ruined my insurance. I got a quote on a 2006 ninja 636 for £3000 :/ and other insurance companies told me in to young for a 600 even though I know people my age with 600's but they been riding from young ages :/

I can't wait for October 2014 when my license becomes unrestricted :)

Best to get quotes on insurance before you do buy a bigger bike :/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't bother buying a new one get the 06 if you want a 636 or upto a 08 if you want a 599 as you most likely will cause some damage to the bike. This 250 is my third and all three of my bikes I dropped at least once. New fairings and all that are expensive and if you get special edition version even harder to find. I got a pearl white special edition and I broke the right side fairing, had to go through a dealer to buy them :/ but saw loads of standard green and black fairings for sale.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pupsy said:
I'm 22 :p and its my third year but first on a "big bike" but I have two accidents on my record which are both not my fault but still ruined my insurance. I got a quote on a 2006 ninja 636 for £3000 :/ and other insurance companies told me in to young for a 600 even though I know people my age with 600's but they been riding from young ages :/

I can't wait for October 2014 when my license becomes unrestricted :)

Best to get quotes on insurance before you do buy a bigger bike :/
I'm 15 and I have an 06 ZX6R, I will find out soon how much insurance is.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
toddy said:
Hey I'm just 21 on a a2 "restricted " licence and have a 99 zx6r. Started riding a few months ago, had 1 crash, 3 points and insurance is 980£ a year so not look too bad for you mate :)
When I 1st started out in 2005 on my zx6r j2 my insurance was £600 then went down to400 then 250 ! On my current 2010 zx6r my 1st year is £300 tpft because they wouldn't take all my no claims in too consideration because I didn't have a bike on the road from 2009-2012 they used 1year only but at end of year they are going to give me 4 years no claims so next year it will be £180 fully comp!

·
Registered
22 Posts
What companies you lot with. And I didn't check my insurance for anything older then an 06 because to me it's way to old xD I also live in a what insurance companies claim to be, dangerous area and most people here when starting out buy their no claims of people they know so their insurance drops quick :/ wish I did that.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Pupsy said:
What companies you lot with. And I didn't check my insurance for anything older then an 06 because to me it's way to old xD I also live in a what insurance companies claim to be, dangerous area and most people here when starting out buy their no claims of people they know so their insurance drops quick :/ wish I did that.
Adrian flux but next year will use mce as they seem to be cheapest and best !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.