Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all! I am a brand new rider starting out on a Black Special Edition Ninja 250. I've had it for about a month, but dropped it 3 days after purchase. Fun </sarcasm>. So I'm still working on gaining experience around my neighborhood before I try to take it anywhere fun. I am currently in ROTC about to commission into the Air Force with a pilot slot, so I am trying to be extra careful. Any advice would be greatly welcome!

· Registered
674 Posts
Welcome and congrats on being approved for pilot training!

As far as riding, take a MSF or similar riding course ASAP. Doesn't the military offer free training courses?

Learn to do simple maintenance yourself (oil change, chain adjustment, routine tire pressure checks).

After completing your cycle training, practice what you learned regularly - especially accident avoidance techniques and emergency (don't call it "panic"!) braking.

Have fun, ride smart, and thanks for your service!

Jay

· Registered
5,699 Posts
What JKV said, with emphasis on appreciation for your service!

Also, post up some pics, eh?

What caused you to go down the first 3 times?

And info, info, info. You're about to embark on a steep learning curve, and the more you retain, the better off you'll be... :) So I'm not saying go quickly, go as quickly as you can retain the information... LOTS and LOTS of reading/discussion, and places like this. So you've come to the right place!

Best of luck with both the career and the bike!

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome ChibiiMii, where does that user name come from?

Spooph, he said he dropped the bike in the first 3 days, not 3 times!!Maybe we need to get you checked for glasses Old Man!!

ChibiiMii, as the guys have mentioned above, learn as much as you can and just enjoy yourself! You have had your first dropsie so now that is out of the way, forget abiout it and just ride!!!

Good luck with everything!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much! I took the MSF about a year ago, and I can't take the military ones until I get to my first base. As for maintenance... I'll work on that, but this is the first of any kind of machine I've actually owned myself (note to Zandit: I'm female, haha. I suppose I ought to put that down somewhere so everyone can use gender appropriate pronouns).

Spooph: Pictures will follow!

Zandit: "Chibi" means small in Japanese, so ChibiiMii is my version of Mini Me. It's also the gamertag that I use everywhere since it is nearly guaranteed to be available.

Thank you all for your support! I'm already having so much fun.

· Registered
141 Posts
Everyone crashes at least once in their life. Its something to admit and try to learn from, the people on this forum, myself included, can help explain what you did wrong/strategies to prevent it from happening again.

· Registered
1,438 Posts
There's an ugly picture of my Versys on here somewhere, laying on the left side. I was much luckier than most. Call it stoopid, careless, or just bad luck, these things do happen. Learn all you can, try your best, be as careful as you can, and when the bad happens, you dust off, heal, repair and get back in the saddle.

Welcome to NN. Thanks for posting the pic, nice bike, now w want to see your bike parked beside a fighter jet!!!

· Registered
5,699 Posts
haha! We have a fiesty one! Fantastic! Again, warm welcome to NN! Thanks for the pic, and I completely understand if you don't want to share.

I do second Boar's suggestion though, that would be SICK! But don't get yourself in trouble, or nuttin', on our behalf. :p If you don't mind, what is your general whereabouts?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. And I'd love to! But first I have learn how to fly this:

In order to get to this:

And then compete for this:

Which is just one step towards competing for one of these:

Or these

Or these

And *then* maybe I can see about possibly getting a picture for you ^.-

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Haha!!! Damn girl, you are going to fit in here just nicely!!!

Those planes rock! Surely you should be aiming at the F-22 or F-35JSF?? Or do just the primadonna pilots get to play with them?

It's a pity they took the F-14 out of service, even though it was only Navy, that is still the sexiest fighter *Jeremy Clarkson voice* In the World!!!!!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:D Why thank you very much. I do try.

And don't laugh... but my end goal is actually to be an astronaut. The F-22 keeps getting grounded, which means less hours for me. I want to fly the F-16 so that I can also apply for the Thunderbirds, not to mention the fact that it is a more traditional fighter than the F-22. One step at a time, though. I've got to get through the DA 20 Diamond first.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
...You're about to embark on a steep learning curve, and the more you retain, the better off you'll be... :) So I'm not saying go quickly, go as quickly as you can retain the information... LOTS and LOTS of reading/discussion, and places like this. So you've come to the right place!
She's gonna learn how to fly multiple, complicated, state of the art and expensive military aircraft. The learning curve to ride a motorcycle is not that steep...is it?

...And if you must know.... *cough*Ihitthefrontbreakonaturn*cough*
OK....welll...any whoo... aboard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.