Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I live in Chicago and just got this bike. Its a 2002 with roughly 12,000 miles.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Its older so not packing the wallop I'm sure it once did, but have taken it out a few times and still has an exciting howl when you give it the beans.

Its a bit temperamental about starting and I'm having to be patient to learn how much choke it needs in the mornings, have had a few episodes of it taking a lot time to set off as it keeps cutting out, but this is something I'll get the hang of.

Nice to meet you all,

-G

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its behaving perfectly now, barely needs any choke, only a minute or so in half choke and then its ready to go.
Nice! Mine acted a little strange this afternoon. Idled real high after I got home from my daily commute. Then when I hit the kill switch the radiator fan stayed on for half a minute. Was 65 today maybe and I have ridden in 80s without that happening. I'm sure it's just me being worried... =/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Graham R said:
Hi folks,

I live in Chicago and just got this bike. Its a 2002 with roughly 12,000 miles.

Its older so not packing the wallop I'm sure it once did, but have taken it out a few times and still has an exciting howl when you give it the beans.

Its a bit temperamental about starting and I'm having to be patient to learn how much choke it needs in the mornings, have had a few episodes of it taking a lot time to set off as it keeps cutting out, but this is something I'll get the hang of.

Nice to meet you all,

-G
First of all, hi! Second... What are you doing with a bike in Chicago?? (I grew up in Rosemont, went to school in at UIC lol... )

The choke... That took me a lot of getting used to as well. My Ninja 250 needs the crap choked out of it before my bike will behave. I usually have to choke it for three to five minutes (lucky me, I can ride while this happening) and then I can let my bike do its job. It's something you gotta get used to with your own bike... And gives you something to look forward to if you even plan on upgrading to a computer controlled bike (my upgrade is the Ninja 600) where the bike will choke itself. Happy riding and grab a bite at Portillo's for me :):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.