Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
way off topic... woot.! ok! not for the bike but for my skates.!!! I have been wanting these and waiting to be responsible to mail order them when I actually had the cash. BUT they had them at the rink tonight so TR let me squish that CC!! woot

excellent compound and sticky too.! fast travel. love em. worth the 100 bucks. 95A hardness and only 38 mm which is thin for low boot quads now days. Derby Jammers are liking these for agility.

I just luv luv them:) light and fast. cool beans :) Made By ATOM

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this was when they were new. I pulled off the red w blue wheels. ugly.
then put red radar ones on, then alum hub ones, now these new ones.

My skates are pretty broken in now 2 years of going 2-3 times a week. We just go skate for fun. Adult nights 18 over good dance music.

then I have a pair of artistic ( tall boot) white ridell ones with bones powells 101 wheels on for artistic dance and figures .to, get this... organ music. It is so fun. I go take lessons and skate with seniors who kick my arse. amazing. My coach is 74 yikes. all are in excellent shape.

then a pair set up for outside. cheap ones. but good wheels.

Wheels are freakin expensive. those lowboys are about 110 us sheech....

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never roller bladed scares me but I like watching the freestyle cones and things.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find it is good at practicing picking a line etc.. manuvering etc... transfers to the bike and general walking even. My knees are toast but if I don't skate they hurt more..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Whey, I used to skateboard loads. Til I jacked my ankle over and split some tendons. Then got into freestyle longboarding, and jacked my shoulder hah. Haven't skated in a looooong while, but I wanna get back into it..

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your dad 's name is Ham? I did a search and Hamaco was considered quality! that is fun to know.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't skated in a looooong while, but I wanna get back into it..
I didn't skate for 20 years and now I can't stop!! Just gotta get back on and wear gear!!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Wow Z those are some team america skates! They look good I wouldnt wanna go skating again though its so damn fun, especially with a hockey stick, it just completes the look lol. But cars like me haha.

I do miss longboarding though!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes I took off those striped wheels pretty quickly. That was an old pict.
the new blue ones look good most importantly work well. I mostly skate inside, no cars there.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Oh you have a skating ring/rink? which one is it i'm confused lol. We used to have one here but then skating and roller blading kind of died out because of the whole razor scooter fad from the early's 2000's. They just recently built a new skate park for skateboarding and I think they're going to make a section of it for skating now that the boardwalk was bought out by the Hilton...over 100 years of entertainment and history bought out by a bunch of rich assholes. Its really sad, my grandfather helped build that :( But all is well that ends well.

Whats funny is that I used to skate with quads, then I went to inline and I tried quads about 4-5 years later and couldnt skate on them for shit. I'm going to try Ice skating with my girlfriend since she's always wanted to go...I'm gonna fall on my ass haha.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wear wrist pads at least since you rely on your computer work.
and you might be ever so *slightly* accident prone lately ;)

you know.... your getting older haha

Yes we have at least 3-4 RINKS in an hours radius. so we are lucky! it isn't fun skating in the rain and it kills you bearings ... I miss my Santa Cruz boardwalk It is still there but we aren't. it would be sad to see that go away if it ever did.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
So Z, we have to have a pic of you and hubby, on your bikes, all geared up, with the skates strapped to the back, then of you skating with your motorcycle helmet on, and some other shenanigans... Oh, and I really like that nickname, you should put a "z" on yo bike..

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ha got lots a "z's" but yes you can call me Z

1 - 20 of 20 Posts