Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about posting on someone elses newbie thread. What can I say, I'm a newb to forum posting too.

Hello all,
I am new to the forum and also the sportbike community all together. While I have ridden friends quads, mini bikes, and go-carts, I've never driven a bike. I'm actually an import guy. Although, not in the traditional "Fast & Furious", cereal box, cookie cut out Honda way. More of the Bosozoku type that is more rockabilly rat rod with imports. I'm a do it yourself guy that has always done it all to good and bad results. I've learned how to lay fiberglass and carbon fiber, figured out engines, and how to get more out of them. Custom lighting, car audio, air bags, turbos. Basically, I've had it all, and done it all in that world, and well, I just got bored. So, as my wife usually does, I was inspired to try something new. Where one of her girlfriends got a brand new little Ninja 250r and took her for a ride, (ya, it was kinda hot too) she decided she wanted one. So I researched parts and bikes and decided that the ninja is the best choice for our experience level. Which is zero.

So now here we are about a month later, and I traded my fully customized Toyota Mr2 for 2 non-running Ninjas. (92 Zx6r/06 636) I've got them completly torn down and ready for rebuilds. I just found this site, and well, rather than just fumbling my way through a Haynes, I figured I should also seek the advice of those who've been here. I'm also always willing to lend a hand where I can, and while I am mechanically inclined, I am in no way a mechanic. I can do some pretty sick fiberglass/carbon fiber work and I am always willing to help in any way I can. Until then, ladies and gentleman, I'll be around here reading and learning what I can from you. Very nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hey! What's up! We'll help all we can. We're mostly a ninja 250 site, but there are quite a few other bikes on here as well. A few 6's and 650 to mention a few. I hope we can answer your questions and help you along.

Post up some pics of the projects, eh?

Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
So many new members! That's gotta be a sign of Spring, right? Right? Spring is going to come this friggin' year isn't it!!

Welcome! Sounds like you will be posting some very neat stuff here!

·
Registered
726 Posts
So many new members! That's gotta be a sign of Spring, right? Right? Spring is going to come this friggin' year isn't it!!

Hey, it's 85f at the house right now... Getting tired of the heat already. :D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Jfriday!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts